PDA

View Full Version : Stock Texturing?

big honkin jeep
01-31-2022, 08:20 PM
How do you guys add texture to your stocks?

I have a new Choate Tactical for an old flatback project that could use some grip.

Dave Hoback
01-31-2022, 08:40 PM
One way is using skateboard grip tape, cut&stick to areas you want the grip. Another way, which is popular with polymer framed handed hand guns is using an soldering iron to melt a specific pattern. But if technique involved here. And I’m not positive if the Tactical version of the Choate is Polymer like the original or a compound with fiberglass. If so, melting a pattern could be an issue. And of corse, there is good ol’ fashioned Dremel & cutting with hand tools; files, drill bits, and such. Again though, some technique required. Not wise to simply “jump” into.

hamiltonkiler
01-31-2022, 09:06 PM
Depends on what you want. A slick stock recoils more naturally and produces better groups. A textured stock is easier to grip.
I like the pistol style of hot stippling in a cheap plastic stock like the 12fv and other stock stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkv45
02-01-2022, 10:11 AM
Not sure if you are looking to do the entire stock or just a few specific areas, but I have used a spray automotive chip guard that has a slight rubbery feel and grip to it.

More info and photos in this thread - https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?65390-Boyds-Pro-Varmint-stock-impressions

Balvar24
02-01-2022, 06:55 PM
Checkering file. :cool: