PDA

View Full Version : weaver scope on axis?

Pages : 1 [2]

boomer92266
02-03-2022, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone, he bought the gun but decided to trade it because of the scope not getting good reviews and no other options were available at the time. As everyone knows I had an Axis recoil pad problem, he offered to trade with me and I said ok, new gun for used seemed ok with me. I made a post on here about setting my Weaver scope then finding out a couple screws were loose on the rings that clamp the scope, I reshot and its still set and I made sure they are torqued good. However it still makes me think, I am on a fixed income so I couldn't go over $100 for a scope and less would be easier. I had a Simmons 8 point on my other Axis. What would be the best scope at $100 or less?, just in case I need to replace the weaver, thanks for any help.

charlie b
02-03-2022, 09:36 PM
I'd just look around at various forum classifieds, maybe even post a WTB (want to buy) for an inexpensive scope. You might get lucky. When I bought my new scope I gave my package scope to a guy on the cast boolit forum. He was in your kind of situation and I had the scope sitting in a drawer. Win-win.

Also watch the sale ads.

Turkeytider
02-04-2022, 01:34 PM
I know it`s in the 110 line as opposed to the Axis, but the Vortex Crossfire II that came with my Storm XP has held up well. Then again, it`s a .223 so recoil isn`t an issue.

270winAKsav
02-15-2022, 03:27 PM
" you get what you pay for..." 80's saying was " don't go less then $100.00 on a scope" but $100.00 went a lil farther then.. i tried tasco and cabela's brand before.. never again.. i'd pile up a few $ for a base leupold fixed sight.. but, i don't shoot across valleys like those rich folk on outdoor channel.. i have the stock scope the axis came with.. i'm pilling $ up for a leupold..

JMG1894
03-10-2022, 11:54 AM
Hello Savage rifle shooters. I just picked up another Axis, 25-06, with a Weaver scope mounted with the usual cheap rings.
This Weaver scope looks near identical to the crappy Bushnells they first came out with. The only difference I can see is they put Weaver )in white lettering) on the left side.
not the typical green Weaver you would see. The scope is being replaced anyways, I’ve never bought the Axis for it’s optics that’s for dang sure. So far I just swapped the rings out and installed some Nikon rings. I have a lonely Leupold VXiii to replace the cheap glass.

snoeproe
03-17-2022, 03:56 PM
Ours is holding up just fine. So far. It was a Xmas gift so it’s not that old.
I previously had a low cost Tasco on a 300 win mag I sold several years ago. It held up great on the gun it was on. Low cost, shot well and held zero fine.