PDA

View Full Version : Mark 2 TR First Day Out

Pages : 1 [2]

Full Chisel
01-30-2022, 09:47 PM
When you ask a question on AS, you generally get accurate, on topic responses, and don't get some jerks throwing insults. If that makes sense. And they don't take up 20 posts trying to answer something that could be answered in one post by a guy a ballistics app on their phone. I'm gonna be spending more time over there in the future.

Blue Avenger
01-30-2022, 10:26 PM
Daughter cheated the boys one day. Gave the boys Rem thunderbolt and loaded her mag with Wolf. 14 and she knew the difference.

mrnate8
01-30-2022, 11:20 PM
I like that approach and appreciate the feedback when someone explains the how's and why's behind their theories, findings, and etc. Just like your response earlier.

I registered for Sniper's Hide three days ago because I need help troubleshooting my undergassed AR. I'm running out of variables to eliminate and I'm getting more convinced my gas port hole is too small. I only have a digital caliper and not a pin gauge set. I don't want to cut it either by damaging the barrel rifling either.

I especially like the science behind the ballistics and load development, so the more complex the content, the more intriguing for me. See you there soon!

Full Chisel
01-31-2022, 02:00 AM
Gotcha, and good for you. You'll be happy you spent the extra effort. Here's a thought I passed along to a good friend of mine who doesn't like getting too technical, but wants really accurate rifles ... if you put a propellant under a projectile, ignite the propellant, launch the projectile into the air, then try to predict it's path and final resting place, then that is a form of "rocket science", is it not? Then I guess you need to be listening to the rocket scientists if you really, really care where that projectile ends up. Otherwise, don't expect so much, or go pay somebody for a custom rig and ammo. He finally came around and at least starting using the same head stamp brass. :thumb: Now if I could just get him to measure the case volume, buy the right powder, find out where max charge actually is, shoot proper ladders (or OCW), do proper seating depth testing, and on and on ..........

Enjoy the conversation on 22LR and would love to pick it up. I ditched all the shade tree advice a long time ago, and rely only what I actually see - not what somebody whose never actually done what I've done thinks I should see - or worse, have someone argue with me and tell me I haven't seen what I actually have seen. Anyway, my shooting results got a lot better a lot quicker after moving on from that.

mrnate8
01-31-2022, 02:17 AM
I think we're on same page in how to acquire the results for yourself with a lot of A/B testing and striving for repeatability in all facets, whether it's environmental, torque lbs, spin drift, seating depth or etc., you name it, while trying to remain realistic and not too OCD about achieving perfection. Then again, I might be opening a can of worms here. HAHA.

I was only drawn here initially because no forums were able to help diagnose the safety sear!

Full Chisel
01-31-2022, 02:28 AM
We gotta stick together at that other place. The rimfire Nazi's may try to put us on a train. Don't get on, whatever you do, lolol.

Full Chisel
01-31-2022, 03:19 AM
Daughter cheated the boys one day. Gave the boys Rem thunderbolt and loaded her mag with Wolf. 14 and she knew the difference.

:rockon: