PDA

View Full Version : Flat 110 trigger options

deadduck357
01-02-2022, 03:27 AM
Been searching with no luck. There's several companies that make flat face (straight) triggers for Rem, Win, Tikka, etc, etc, but can't find any for Savage. Anyone know of any flat triggers for the 110?

GrenGuy
01-02-2022, 09:43 AM
I use the Elftmann Trigger without the Shoe. This gives Me a straight trigger, which I prefer. See My post in the Competition Forum. Oh, it does come with a straight trigger shoe, but I prefer none at all.

deadduck357
01-02-2022, 11:28 AM
I use the Elftmann Trigger without the Shoe. This gives Me a straight trigger, which I prefer. See My post in the Competition Forum. Oh, it does come with a straight trigger shoe, but I prefer none at all.
Went to the "competitive shooters" section and there were no threads there. Got a link?

JulioB22
01-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Went to the "competitive shooters" section and there were no threads there. Got a link?

ELF SAVAGE 110 SE Precision Rifle Trigger (elftactical.com) (https://www.elftactical.com/ELF-SAVAGE-110-SE-Precision-Rifle-Trigger_p_48.html)

deadduck357
01-02-2022, 01:22 PM
ELF SAVAGE 110 SE Precision Rifle Trigger (elftactical.com) (https://www.elftactical.com/ELF-SAVAGE-110-SE-Precision-Rifle-Trigger_p_48.html)

Not liking that contraption in the trigger. Looking for something like a flat Trigger Tech or Timney style.

Robinhood
01-02-2022, 01:51 PM
Not liking that contraption in the trigger. Looking for something like a flat Trigger Tech or Timney style.

I feel your pain deadduck. I am a flat trigger guy also, So I went Remington and Bighorn, You may have to do the same if you are not interested in the Elftman trigger. It doesn't go light enough for me anyway. You could mill the trigger off of an old savage and attach a straight shoe. How bad do you want it?

GrenGuy
01-02-2022, 02:11 PM
The thread in the Competitive Shooting Forum is between Best Skeet Gun, and 6mm Creedmore.

As You already alluded too, options for Savage Triggers are limited.

The “contraption in the trigger”, I assume You are referring to?, is the Shoe. Elftmann offers a curved and a straight one. To install the one of Your choice, the trigger must be installed in the barreled action, and the barreled action must be installed in the stock. Step by step directions are on YouTube.

I am using this trigger in a competition rifle, and as I said earlier, I don’t use either of the provided shoes. I just use the straight blade the shoe would mount to.

If this suggestion is unacceptable, I don’t know what You’re solution will be, because I have “ALL” the triggers being made for Savages, and they all have curved shoes, except for what I have described on the Elftmann.

If Your handy, You might be able to invent something acceptable? Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck :rolleyes:

GrenGuy
01-02-2022, 02:19 PM
The Elftmann Trigger I am shooting in competition is set at 8 ounces, and has “NEVER” bump or slam fired.

See My thread as mentioned above.

Robinhood
01-02-2022, 02:28 PM
The Elftmann Trigger I am shooting in competition is set at 8 ounces, and has “NEVER” bump or slam fired.

See My thread as mentioned above.

I apologize if I misspoke. I was ignorant to the fact they had made one that would go down to 8 ounces.

deadduck357
01-02-2022, 03:35 PM
I feel your pain deadduck. I am a flat trigger guy also, So I went Remington and Bighorn, You may have to do the same if you are not interested in the Elftman trigger. It doesn't go light enough for me anyway. You could mill the trigger off of an old savage and attach a straight shoe. How bad do you want it?
I'll survive with the Accu-Trigger, its not bad. Just surprised there's no flat options.

deadduck357
01-02-2022, 03:39 PM
If this suggestion is unacceptable, I don’t know what You’re solution will be, because I have “ALL” the triggers being made for Savages, and they all have curved shoes, except for what I have described on the Elftmann.

I'll survive with the Accu-Trigger, its not bad. Just surprised there's no flat options.

GrenGuy
01-02-2022, 06:04 PM
I apologize if I misspoke. I was ignorant to the fact they had made one that would go down to 8 ounces.

Not ignorant at all Robin. Elftmann’s trigger, as solid, goes down to 1.25 #’s. My thread details how I got down to 8 ounces, and the modifications that got it there. I talked to Elftmann Techs about it. Predictably, they were interested but cautious.

I recently purchased a Remington stock that is the beginning of a Remage build. None of the off the shelf Rem foot print actions are what I really want. Which means full custom, extra cost, and wait time. The uncertainty of being able to get components in the future has also got this build on hold. But should it come to pass, it will include a Bench Rest Worthy Trigger. If Bighorn made a RB/LP, they would have My money.

It seems the OP has made his decision, and has a plan to proceed, making this a successful thread.

BigG
01-05-2022, 05:37 AM
I also put an Elftman trigger in mine, just over a pound and rock solid. I like the flat shoe, a different shoe could be made if you have access to a mill. I am very happy with this trigger, bought at Brownells.