PDA

View Full Version : Left hand 110L bare action?

mikebritton
12-31-2021, 11:29 PM
I'm in need of advice. I've looked in what I think are the classifieds with no luck.
If I were looking for a 110l (left hand) bare action for a project how would I go about putting the word out?

Also, what would be reasonable to pay for one. At present I have a very early 110L in .30-06 that is so graceful I don't want to take it apart so the thought of finding another early, or late leftie action seems like it might be a good choice.

Surfing GB is a lesson in frustration as most of the leftie actions are made of some sort of precious metal.
I'm beginning to think that I may be better off surfing the gunshows for a complete leftie 110 and saving the action, selling the rest.

All you lefties out there, how do you come up with suitable actions?

czgunner
01-01-2022, 01:34 AM
I'm in need of advice. I've looked in what I think are the classifieds with no luck.
If I were looking for a 110l (left hand) bare action for a project how would I go about putting the word out?

Also, what would be reasonable to pay for one. At present I have a very early 110L in .30-06 that is so graceful I don't want to take it apart so the thought of finding another early, or late leftie action seems like it might be a good choice.

Surfing GB is a lesson in frustration as most of the leftie actions are made of some sort of precious metal.
I'm beginning to think that I may be better off surfing the gunshows for a complete leftie 110 and saving the action, selling the rest.

All you lefties out there, how do you come up with suitable actions?I always look too. I ended up buying an entire new rifle. It was cheaper than buying a beat up 7mm (all I ever see used) or stripped action for more than a new rifle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly
01-01-2022, 03:04 AM
I always had good luck finding new or used LH Savage rifles cheap when I looked for them. I've got 5 of them, and never paid more than $350 for any of them, 3 of them probably hadn't had a box of ammo shot out of them when I bought them.