PDA

View Full Version : B&C Duramaxx vs. Medalist Tactical?

BoilerUP
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Rifle is a ~5 year old 12FV Accutriger with 4.275" spacing and factory blued varmint barrel - current uses are non-competitive paper punching & steel targets, with possible future varmint applications.

I had originally planned on replacing the factory stock with a Duramaxx, but now I'm thinking I might go to with the Medalist Tactical instead.

I'm curious if members here who own/have owned/have used both stocks think the Medalist is "worth" roughly double the money over a Duramaxx. I've read many posts on multiple forums that both stocks are straight drop-ins for some, many require minimal sanding/dremling & drilling a trigger guard screw hole, and for a few they have to do a decent amount of work to get the stock to fit properly.

Thanks for everyone's opinions!

Quickshot
11-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Boilerup- Seems like most have some problem or other from these stocks. I bought a B&C Medalist and had to correct for the trigger guard and when I set the barreled action in, with scope attached, it was obvious that I could not get a good cheek weld to see in the scope. I will need higher scope mounts to use this stock. It also looks as if it will need to be bedded to make good contact with recoil lug. Some are lucky and get a good fit. Like most anything we buy now a days they require a good bit of tweaking to make them work right. Thats why mine still sits in the box after 5 mo. Quick

zeegadget
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
The first Duramaxx stock I tried to fit to my Savage was a disappointment. The barrel was touching the stock

towards the end of the rifle. I took so much stock off to try to get it to fit I just knew there was something

wrong. I did a search on the net and found other people were having problems. I called B & C and told

them the problem I was having and about the other people having the same problem. They sent me another

stock and it fit with no problems.

Tom
SW Pennsylvania

Shootinsurveyor
12-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I have both. My duramax required about 30 minutes of dremel work to float the tang and get the action to line up straight. The medalist I bought used and it was already bedded. I have no issues with it at all. Very sturdy stable stock