PDA

View Full Version : Ejector Spring

Wm Cook
12-30-2021, 01:22 PM
The ejector spring on my 10FCP is .096 x .020 and it’s .440” long. Has anyone found a softer replacement spring. I shoot 100% from the bench and I want to just shuffle the spent brass out of the chamber and drop it close by. Has anyone already done this? Thanks, Bill.

Robinhood
12-30-2021, 04:38 PM
Some guys clip a ring of the coil off. one at a time i would guess.

Nor Cal Mikie
12-31-2021, 09:55 AM
and "some Guys" remove the spring and rod so the fired brass stays on the bolt head till YOU pick it off.
Sure beats digging in the dirt or looking in the tall grass for your brass, especially if you're bench shooting. (like me) ;)
And I'll add, I've never had issues with the ejector hole in the bolt head imprinting on the case head with my mild to mid range loads.

celltech
12-31-2021, 10:00 AM
Most people complain a Savage won't eject brass for squat and you want to weaken it :cool:

PhilC
01-01-2022, 09:20 AM
and "some Guys" remove the spring and rod so the fired brass stays on the bolt head till YOU pick it off.
^^^^ What I did when I built my 22Creed and about ready to remove the ejector on my 6.5 too.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-01-2022, 11:44 AM
What got me started removing the ejector rod and springs from my Savage actions was trying to feed and eject .221 Fireball brass/rounds.
NO CAN DO!! Without mods, brass would fall off the bolt head before it got to the open port. :mad:
Easy enough to remove ALL the springs and rods. Even got my 20 TCM Wildcat to stay on the bolt head. Even worked on a 17 VHA round.
Even went as far as to shorten the ejector spring on my Remingotn XP 100 action. Brass just kinda flops over and falls out of the port onto the bench. ;):cool: