PDA

View Full Version : 110 Long Action.

ratamahatta
12-25-2021, 07:01 PM
Where would a man be able to pick up a 110 long action with accutrigger besides buying a donor rifle? Working on putting the pieces together for a 30.06 project.

Dave Hoback
12-25-2021, 07:19 PM
https://northlandshooterssupply.com/savage-actions/

https://jaoutdoors.com/product-category/savage-actions-accessories-bolts-bottom-metals/

ratamahatta
12-25-2021, 10:34 PM
https://northlandshooterssupply.com/savage-actions/

https://jaoutdoors.com/product-category/savage-actions-accessories-bolts-bottom-metals/

That's where my google-fu led me and both of them are out of stock. Looking at both of their prices I should just buy a donor rifle. I appreciate buddy.

charlie b
12-26-2021, 09:49 AM
That's the problem with most actions these days. Seems even some of the new rifle prices are not much more than a bare action.

Dave Hoback
12-26-2021, 12:50 PM
That is my preference. I search Gunbroker (mostly), and such- looking for the least expensive Accutrigger. Strip ‘em down, give away the used barrel, stock etc. And have a good Action at a great price.

Robinhood
12-26-2021, 02:17 PM
Have you considered a Remington? With prefits being available everywhere and better triggers available.........Why not. PT&G has several options.

ratamahatta
12-26-2021, 03:53 PM
Have you considered a Remington? With prefits being available everywhere and better triggers available.........Why not. PT&G has several options.

Oh yeah I'm looking into Remington's also, would like to stay with the savage action but Remington long action isn't out of the question.

ratamahatta
12-26-2021, 03:54 PM
That is my preference. I search Gunbroker (mostly), and such- looking for the least expensive Accutrigger. Strip ‘em down, give away the used barrel, stock etc. And have a good Action at a great price.

That's what I'm seeing also.

charlie b
12-26-2021, 10:33 PM
Yep a 700 action and a Remage barrel would give a few more options on aftermarket stuff, although the 110 parts business seems to have picked up some options lately.

ratamahatta
12-27-2021, 08:41 AM
Remember when savage came out with the savage tactical and they made one in 110 30.06. think it had a 24" barrel, well that's what I'm shooting for.

Sent from my motorola one zoom using Tapatalk

mnbogboy2
12-30-2021, 02:33 AM
The accutrigger is nothing special, there are numerous aftermarket triggers that are better and more adjustable. If you find one with the savage 3 screw trigger there is more to work with as far as modification. 30-06 used barrels are a dime a dozen. I had 5 at one point and cut up the best two . I may have one or two that are still salvageable. Look for a caliber with a barrel that is easy to resell. Any 6.5 caliber barrel will usually sell quickly such as 260 or 6.5 creedmoor
The savage accustock with the full aluminum bedding block is a good stock and will sell fast also. The adjustable accustock is also a good feature and can bring in a few extra bucks to offset your purchase price. The savage package deals usually have a substandard scope with little value except for a sparefor those who keep such things.

psharon97
12-30-2021, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't do a custom build off a savage action anymore. There's better quality custom receivers on the market that can still take savage barrel threads, remington stocks and triggers. I'd save a few hundred more and get an Origin or Nucleus receiver.

ratamahatta
12-31-2021, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't do a custom build off a savage action anymore. There's better quality custom receivers on the market that can still take savage barrel threads, remington stocks and triggers. I'd save a few hundred more and get an Origin or Nucleus receiver.

I looked at both those actions, I can afford them but there goes my budget lol. So let me chew on some ears from all of ya'll, definitely staying with the 30-06 just because of how much components and ammo I have on hand. 24' barrel threaded for a break because I do want to tinker with loads so here is my question. What action, barrel maker, contour and stock would you choose and why? I will be using this rifle for hunting also so take that into account.

mikebritton
12-31-2021, 12:13 PM
My very early 110L came off a gunshow table in FT. Worth for $250.
I agree that with some patience you can buy a whole rifle in good shape for less than a new bare action.

charlie b
12-31-2021, 01:36 PM
So, if I were putting together a .30-06 rifle for hunting, I'd find a rifle already chambered for it and buy it. If a Savage then the barrel can be easily removed for a brake (if it doesn't come with one). I'd not bother with custom barrels unless the one I bought didn't shoot well. Add stock of choice and it's done.

I'd also consider something like a Howa or Tikka as well.

The Howa Game Pro comes with threaded barrel.

Robinhood
12-31-2021, 02:33 PM
You know what you want. Others are going to tell you what you want to do.

If this was my rifle, It was going to be a hunting rig. Always a hunting rig.
I would get the Savage with one of the new adjustable stocks(or whatever you prefer) in 30-06. I would buy good to great 9 to 14 max power range optic with some lighter heavy duty rings. Being who I am I would try to smooth/tune the bolt operation if it needed it. I would be a happy hunter.

If it was going to be something that grew with my interest...
Minimum Remington action (RR or older one with the safety bar ground to allow the bolt to be opened on safe.)Probably the origin or better actions with Control Round Feed. I could then get a Manners or McMillan stock. An aftermarket barrel and we could talk about rifle builds around the Camp Fire.

I like the Ruger American
I like the Howa
I love the Tikka. Keep your eyes open and you can get one cheep.

ratamahatta
12-31-2021, 03:13 PM
You know what you want. Others are going to tell you what you want to do.

If this was my rifle, It was going to be a hunting rig. Always a hunting rig.
I would get the Savage with one of the new adjustable stocks(or whatever you prefer) in 30-06. I would buy good to great 9 to 14 max power range optic with some lighter heavy duty rings. Being who I am I would try to smooth/tune the bolt operation if it needed it. I would be a happy hunter.

If it was going to be something that grew with my interest...
Minimum Remington action (RR or older one with the safety bar ground to allow the bolt to be opened on safe.)Probably the origin or better actions with Control Round Feed. I could then get a Manners or McMillan stock. An aftermarket barrel and we could talk about rifle builds around the Camp Fire.

I like the Ruger American
I like the Howa
I love the Tikka. Keep your eyes open and you can get one cheep.Hunting and shooting steel out to 600.