PDA

View Full Version : On this day, Christmas Eve

Dave Hoback
12-24-2021, 01:03 PM
Today, Dec. 24th, 2021... if you find yourself feeling down or depressed; if you feel your life has been wasted, or unfulfilled...you should watch “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Remember that God put us all in our places according to His will, and for His glory. Now if you choose not to believe, I encourage you to read some scripture. Read one of the Gospels. Make THIS Christmas the one you choose to trust in Christ Jesus. My friends, I spent almost 7 years in defiance to God. Even in KNOWING Christ shed His precious blood for me, I was violently angry with God for taking my daughter, Annaliese. She was 1month shy of 2yo in Spring of 2008 & became ill. She started having high fevers & then seizures. We rushed her to the ER where she was diagnosed with Rosario, a fairly common childhood illness. Unknown to anyone was she also had an urinary trac infection which turned to Sepsis, and not even 3 days later she died on my living room floor... me giving her CPR. The Paramedics came & they took her to the hospital once again. But I FELT my daughter pass. I heard her last words. And I HATED God for it. Those years in defiance I was tormented with injuries.. a surgery which blinded my Left eye & caused months of a great deal of pain. And of course, the accident...me thrown from my bike, and run over by an Infinity SUV. Which resulted in 100% disability, paralysis & the rest of my life in excruciating pain. I was in a coma for a week & had no consciousness of myself for two more weeks.(brain damage). But when I awoke as ME one morning, the anger was gone. I was only thankful. God took my anger....then He mended my relationship with Him. He would not let me go because I was HIS! That was 2014. I’m still disabled...Still paralyzed, half blind...and still in pain every second of every hour of the day. I suffer constantly with no end in sight. I have every reason to be angry, to feel like a failure, be depressed. But I’m not. Because I have Christ. The Lord has given me so much HERE to be thankful for. He has provided for my family & myself every step. I have a grown son(well.. sorta. He’s 22yo), and a beautiful daughter in high school. And my loving wife, even though this broken world encourages her to leave my broken down butt, she stays. Because her vows to me MEANT something. God has given me a love for life. Not to mention, incredible ability, despite being disabled. Although brain damage affected me for years with simple things like names, dates, or even remembering a single word, I now have an almost photographic memory for items surrounding the hobbies I enjoy. But all of this has little comparison to the personal relationship with my Lord & the eternal life I will live, BESIDE CHRIST. I would not trade any of it. I know My Father above has me in place according to His will. And I praise His name. I encourage all, on this Christmas Eve, when we look to celebrate Jesus’ birth... I encourage each one to answer His call, “Follow me”.

Merry Christmas Eve my friends.

rerun5
12-24-2021, 11:29 PM
WOW. That is an amazing story of Gods grace, thank you so much for sharing.
I have been a bit depressed myself today and I wanted you to know that He led you to post your story for very good reason. I am forbidden to see my grandkids any more for being critical of my SIL years ago, hence a bit depressed.
I am so sorry for what you have been through but I thank God for saving you and me.
Here's hoping you have a wonderful Christmas.