PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Mr.Snerdly
12-19-2021, 11:57 AM
I imagine this is not news to anyone but MidwayUSA finally had small rifle primers available. I suppose they are all gone now but at least maybe it is a sign we may be seeing a glimmer of hope on the reloading supply side. I ordered 1000 of them. They have free shipping now but I couldn't get it to work online so I called and they said it didn't apply to primers. They are also well over double what I paid for the last I bought, nearly triple by the time you pay for haz mat shipping. I don't blame Midway for this, I am sure they are making more money on them than when they were 4 cents but so is everyone else. I also think it is good to limit it to 1000 primers. Everyone is in the same boat and it is only fair. Maybe the price will come down a little when the supply gets caught up but with all that is going on I am sure they will still be double or close to it than what they were. I just hope we can get some of the more popular powders before long.

pdshooter2
12-19-2021, 01:00 PM
the last time we had a primer shortage, the makers saw we were willing to pay $100 for a $25/30 product.
they raised the wholesale prices...just a little..no more 25/k it went to 35-40/k
this time the makers watched people pay $200 and more per 1000...
guess what folks....they are raising wholesale prices...NOW.
expect retail to be $80-90 per k maybe more...

Robinhood
12-19-2021, 02:55 PM
the last time we had a primer shortage, the makers saw we were willing to pay $100 for a $25/30 product.
they raised the wholesale prices...just a little..no more 25/k it went to 35-40/k
this time the makers watched people pay $200 and more per 1000...
guess what folks....they are raising wholesale prices...NOW.
expect retail to be $80-90 per k maybe more...

Everyone pays the price for the fool that cant control his urges.

Dave Hoback
12-20-2021, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately higher prices are the norm now. Welcome center to the FRAUD, Joe Biden’s America. WORST inflation of our lifetimes. I wouldn’t just blame the retailers for it. Noticed what you pay for a pack of Chicken breast’s or wings in the grocery store? Remember when we went FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS with gas averaging $2.34/gal...and in TEN MONTHS, the Biden regime has mad it go to $3.50++??

Yeah.... welcome to the next Venezuela.

Mr.Snerdly
12-20-2021, 04:45 PM
^^^Nitrogen fertilizer is over 3 times higher than last spring. Many chemicals are double or more and there is a good possibility they will not be available at any price. About the only thing that hasn't gone up a lot is seed. Used farm equipment is also bringing crazy prices.

Txhillbilly
12-21-2021, 05:14 AM
I just picked up 6k Federal LR Match take down primer's along with 10lbs of Alliant Power Pro 2000 take down powder for $200. I feel like I just hit the lottery!

pdshooter2
12-21-2021, 12:48 PM
I just picked up 6k Federal LR Match take down primer's along with 10lbs of Alliant Power Pro 2000 take down powder for $200. I feel like I just hit the lottery!

what is a take down primer ??

Txhillbilly
12-21-2021, 01:15 PM
It's loaded ammo that was taken back down into individual components. I now a guy that owns Custom Reloads of Dallas, and one of his supplier's offered him a deal on these primers and powder. He purchased a couple 100# kegs of the powder and 120k of the primers, and then offered them for sale on another forum.
$20 per 1k on the primers, and $8 per pound on the powder.

South Prairie jim
12-21-2021, 01:56 PM
You think those take down primers are in a non crushed condition?
how do you not distort an anvil when you punch it out ?
just curious

pdshooter2
12-21-2021, 08:45 PM
You think those take down primers are in a non crushed condition?
how do you not distort an anvil when you punch it out ?

it is sort of a good question

BUT
i suspect the original seller and the retailer did some inspecting prior to thee decision to buy and sell.
i doubt they were PINCHED OUT, more likely PUSHED OUT....there is a diff...as a boxer.

the term is "pull down" when ammo is taken apart for the parts

charlie b
12-29-2021, 04:22 PM
Sportsman's has had a bunch of powder two days in a row here. They even had 4lb of Varget and I haven't seen any of that in almost 2 years. I think all of it was Hodgdon (Hodgdon, IMR, Win, Accurate) so maybe they have fixed their supply problems. Ports opened up a bit more maybe?

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

PS prices are up about $10/lb. Varget is $49, IMR4198 is $45.