View Full Version : I need some help/opinions please ?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

CRJR
12-20-2021, 07:03 PM
Well , I changed directions , sorta . I ordered a 110 Elite Precision in 6mm Creedmoor . After comparing the two , all the extras in the EP made it a no brainer , IMO .

Blueprinted action , coated bolt , I liked the chassis , the looks and the functionality of it , just liked the whole gun .
If I was to try to switch my gun over to 6mm , and do everything that comes on the EP , it would be close to the same money .

Plus , this way I have two long range guns , so , Score ! LOL

Thanks again everyone .

Mr.Snerdly
12-20-2021, 07:33 PM
That's a lot of money but no doubt you got it for considerably less than list. Nice gun. I am sure it will work well.

South Prairie jim
12-20-2021, 09:26 PM
I believe in 6 mm ‘s for long range accuracy, although subject to a bit of wind drift beyond the 7’s and 30’s the ability to lay down some remarkable average groups ( aggs) are hard to beat in a light gun at 600 or 1000 yards.

charlie b
12-20-2021, 10:31 PM
good pick! And good logic.

Dave Hoback
12-20-2021, 11:03 PM
If YOU are happy with the decision, that’s all that matters. Ya Smellin’ what I’m Steppin’ in? I like your first rifle there much better. But, I think you’re glad to leaving it 7mm mag, huh?

CRJR
12-20-2021, 11:16 PM
If YOU are happy with the decision, that’s all that matters. Ya Smellin’ what I’m Steppin’ in? I like your first rifle there much better. But, I think you’re glad to leaving it 7mm mag, huh?

Yes ! I know it's silly , but I just like that caliber . I was shooting it yesterday , 200 yards at a three inch steel target , knocking it off the post , leaving dimples in the steel . LOL .
The guy I was with was shooting 6.5 Creedmoor and it barely moved the steel . Although truthfully , I shot like shit .

Also , it's my Christmas present to me , I bought the wife another pair of diamond earrings to alleviate my guilt , LOL !
She's happy , I'm happy , win WIN ! LOL

wbm
12-21-2021, 08:38 AM

+1

Yes ! I know it's silly , but I just like that caliber

Me too! Probably my favorite cartridge. Several years ago I took some advice from a former sniper type who also liked the 7mm Magnum. and bought some Nosler 120 Ballistic Tips. After, several days of experimenting, I ended up with a load that was a "screamer". Five shot groups always less than .50" and a few in the low 3's. Rifle was heavy and braked so it was fun to shoot but expensive for sure!

CRJR
12-21-2021, 09:22 PM
+1

Me too! Probably my favorite cartridge. Several years ago I took some advice from a former sniper type who also liked the 7mm Magnum. and bought some Nosler 120 Ballistic Tips. After, several days of experimenting, I ended up with a load that was a "screamer". Five shot groups always less than .50" and a few in the low 3's. Rifle was heavy and braked so it was fun to shoot but expensive for sure!

OK , I'm no expert , but a 120 grain bullet in 7mm Rem Mag seems light , or is it ? I was told by the Savage rep to shoot a 150 grain bullet , specifically Federal Premium 150 , in my 110 LRH . I've shot the Hornady ELD 162 and it seems to shoot tighter groups , but that was at 200 yards . I've not had the opportunity to shoot farther than that.
Should I be shooting a lighter bullet for longer yardage ?

The only thing I really don't like about shooting my 7mm Rem Mag is the barrel jumping up , makes it hard to see where the bullet is hitting .

Should I change the brake on it ? Something like a Fat Bastard ?

Thanks again for all the help everyone !

CRJR
12-21-2021, 09:23 PM

Thank You !

Blue Avenger
12-21-2021, 09:59 PM
Sweet Jesus, Mary & Joseph! Look who just came crawling out of the woodwork. Need help clearing the dust and cobwebs off that username Greg? LOL

:cool:

Blue Avenger
12-21-2021, 10:04 PM
The only thing I really don't like about shooting my 7mm Rem Mag is the barrel jumping up , makes it hard to see where the bullet is hitting .

Should I change the brake on it ? Something like a Fat Bastard ?

what I use on a 28 Nosler Striker and a 7mm STW Striker.

wbm
12-22-2021, 08:18 AM
OK , I'm no expert , but a 120 grain bullet in 7mm Rem Mag seems light , or is it ?

For what I wanted my 7mm magnum to do. It was perfect.

Dave Hoback
12-22-2021, 01:47 PM
It is... very light for a .284” bullet. Hell, 120 is only mid weight for even a .264”!(6.5mm) If I was doing the 7mm I wouldn’t load anything under 150gr. But the 120gr works well for some so.... good on ‘em.

wbm
12-22-2021, 04:39 PM
If I was doing the 7mm I wouldn’t load anything under 150gr. But the 120gr works well

Sure does.

CRJR
12-22-2021, 04:55 PM
For what I wanted my 7mm magnum to do. It was perfect.

Again , I know very little about it , I was asking because I didn't know . I want to get in to reloading , down the road , so I'm trying learn this stuff .

Dave Hoback
12-22-2021, 06:33 PM
NO! Get into reloading NOW, not down the road! If you wait, you’ll wish you had done it sooner. Mark my words.

Robinhood
12-22-2021, 06:36 PM
Mark my words. Marked.

By quality reloading gear don't be suckered.

Dave Hoback
12-22-2021, 06:40 PM
Lol! Yessir indeed! And quality doesn’t mean most expensive. Just don’t buy any of the CHINESIUM out now.

CRJR
12-22-2021, 06:44 PM
NO! Get into reloading NOW, not down the road! If you wait, you’ll wish you had done it sooner. Mark my words.

Marked.

By quality reloading gear don't be suckered.

I hear ya Dave , LOL , and you're right . I was actually looking at the Rock Crusher press at Midway , but I'll procrastinate a little longer , then pull the trigger on it .
Would that be a quality press Robinhood ?

Dave Hoback
12-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah! The Rock Chucker is one of the classics that everyone loves. I regret giving mine away years ago.