View Full Version : 110 tactical - down the rabbit hole

Pages : 1 [2]

South Prairie jim
12-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Definitely had it going on, congrats ..1500 yards is a long way !

South Prairie jim
12-19-2021, 11:48 AM
I was thinking about doing the same thing. I was gifted a 110T in 6.5CM and was wanting to buy a .308 barrel.

It’s just a simple barrel swap, correct? Also, where’d you get your barrel from? I was looking at Proof or X-Caliber.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
perhaps you could give Stan Taylor a call at Douglas barrels, he will make you a very good barrel at a great price with a quick turn around time.

wbm
12-19-2021, 02:18 PM
I would opt for the 6.5 creedmoor over the 308 every day.

+1....and twice on Sunday!

LiuKang
12-19-2021, 02:37 PM
perhaps you could give Stan Taylor a call at Douglas barrels, he will make you a very good barrel at a great price with a quick turn around time.

I appreciate that very much! I’ll check them out!

gc_gc
12-19-2021, 07:45 PM
I got a 110T in 308 last year, also. I was looking for 6.5cm but for the sake of caliber consolidation I got a 308. Both were available at the store at the time. Also got my daughter a Rascal in hot pink the same day. I'm oddly better with the Rascal...

I am still interested in the cm. Since they take the same bolt face, one day, maybe, I'll get a barrel for swap.

I got the .308 110T last year. I really like it and since I seriously doubt I will get to a range longer than 600 yards it will be just fine.

I have been doing mostly load development so far and have only shot it on my range at home. I think that I have the load now so just need to get to the TMP range and stretch it’s legs.

Eric

JeepsAndGuns
12-29-2021, 09:37 AM
I was thinking about doing the same thing. I was gifted a 110T in 6.5CM and was wanting to buy a .308 barrel.

It’s just a simple barrel swap, correct? Also, where’d you get your barrel from? I was looking at Proof or X-Caliber.

Thanks

Yep, just swap the barrel, no other changes needed.
I bought a prefit barrel from X-caliber and installed it myself (I have all the tools to do it).

Robinhood
12-29-2021, 12:05 PM
I am a fan of the 308. I understand it's pro's and cons. i hunted with it and I have shot F/TR competition to 1000 yards.

Do they make a 6.5 in the tactical? If so and If I am a new shooter and I want to see what i can do at 400 plus yards. Im going to go with the 6.5 CM. Success is a motivator to stay in shooting sports.

mnbogboy2
12-29-2021, 06:49 PM

Thanks

If you do decide to buy the 6.5 and swap it to 308 then you can easily sell the 6.5 barrel! 6.5 savage barrels sold like hotcakes a couple of years ago! I bought at least 5 or 6 of them.they still sell fast when they come up for sale. Good luck on your decision. I would go for the 6.5 myself and then sell the barrel.

mnbogboy2
12-29-2021, 06:55 PM
+1....and twice on Sunday!
This^^^^^
Right on bill.