PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Trigger replacement

DGilbert
11-29-2021, 12:40 PM
Been away for awhile but need some input on a trigger replacement for a pre-accutrigger Mark II, built 1998-2006 timeframe. The present trigger has a hitch in the rearward movement that can throw off a shot. Since I can't seen exactly what it's doing inside the enclosed assy, I'm looking for a replacement. The only replacement/upgrade I can find is the Rifle Basix SAV-R sear replacement. Has anyone used this item and what success did you have. If you have used this part, are the online directions as simple as they seem or are there hidden techniques I need to master. Or are there any other recommendations I haven't come across?

Fasteddie01
11-30-2021, 11:30 AM
Don - I don't have a mkii but after seeing 'no reply' so far, I checked out a couple sites I use researching for my savages. Here's one solution I found on Sniper's hide site. This one is not very detailed, but I'm sure there are others. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/savage-mkii-g-project.72906/#post-72906
And here's one RE the Basix trigger - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/rifle-basix-trigger-for-savage-97-mkii.34622/#post-34622
If you feel comfortable taking the trigger assembly apart you can get good results by polishing the internals with 1500g w/d silica paper. I've done that on Sav 64, A & B22, 2x SKS, Ruger .223, Rem 700 .308 - all still working :rolleyes:
If you're not Mech-oriented, the Basix trigger is a simple mod to do, just check out some YT vids for MKII mods before you drop the $$.
Good luck,
Ed

Full Chisel
12-14-2021, 11:36 AM
I have a pre-Accutrigger Mark II and if I am interpreting your post correctly, I had the same "hitch". On mine it was essentially a rough area where the trigger would stop movement, then I'd have to overcome another force barrier, then it would break inconsistently afterward. I took the trigger apart and found some tooling marks on the sear that were causing this. I tried polishing first, but it was still mildy present. I finally had to take the diamond files out, carefully remove the marks, and then polish. Everything has been good since.

As far as the Rifle Basix sear. I had looked into it pretty thoroughly at one time and there shouldn't be any surprises. The main thing is that you will need to get familiar with the adjustments.