PDA

View Full Version : New guy from AZ

Hamm35
11-21-2021, 02:38 PM
Hey all!

I'm new here, but not a new shooter.

Mostly been a handgunner or shotgunner, having lived most of my life in Ohio which until recently was a shotgun/muzzle loader/handgun deer hunting state only. Just about anything that needed hunted there could be handled with a properly loaded shotgun. I did get into lever actions a bit once they opened that up for us.

But I moved to the wide open South West and while I've had a pretty nice Rem700 for a number of years and know my way around it, I'm getting more and more into stick shift rifles.

Recently picked up a Savage 110 Varmint 223rem (26" 1:9 barrel, DBM, Accufit/Accustock, Accutrigger etc) that I'd like to put together a switch barrel rig on.

Figured I'd come here to the experts to figure out my new platform.

Nice to meet y'all!

drybean
11-21-2021, 07:15 PM
Welome aboard

ragsflh
11-22-2021, 08:15 AM
welcome

Dave Hoback
12-07-2021, 11:00 PM
Welcome. Ahh.. Arizona! My favorite place on earth! Lived there for a number of years in the early part of the 2000's. Unfortunately my wife & I had to move back here to Pennsylvania because we lost our youngest daughter. I still have a very close friend out there in Benson. I was in Tucson. Still in love with the place. Sorry for ramblin'...Good to have ya.

GaCop
12-16-2021, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the group. I too love the south west. Lived/stationed in New Mexico back in the early 70s for 6 years and still miss it to this day.