PDA

View Full Version : 25-284

Pages : 1 [2]

charlie b
12-09-2021, 09:01 PM
...Well fortunately they havent yet learned how to climb into a boat Charlie.....

LOL yep that would be bad.

I like working on boats since they are mechanical things, but, I don't like being on open water. I tried bass fishing many years ago but the open water thing got to me. I will go after smallmouth at times in a river.

JASmith
12-10-2021, 03:41 PM
Ammoguide.com has six loads for the .25-284 - http://ammoguide.com/?catid=594

Dave Hoback
12-11-2021, 09:02 AM
LOL yep that would be bad.

I like working on boats since they are mechanical things, but, I don't like being on open water. I tried bass fishing many years ago but the open water thing got to me. I will go after smallmouth at times in a river.

Really? Wow.. I love the water. Love being on a boat. What’s your issue with it Charlie? The nausea? Not to fond of swimming? Just curious.

charlie b
12-11-2021, 07:43 PM
I just have a thing about water deeper than I can stand in (unless it is a pool). Used to be an expert swimmer, even worked as a lifeguard for a bit.

Interesting that it came up too. As a teenager we'd water ski at least once a week during the summer. We'd dive off the rocks into the lakes (after we checked depth), Swim and go tubing on the rivers (Salt and Verde outside Phx).

I found out about it when I went for my scuba qualification dive. When I thought about it I think it developed from some time during night maneuvers in the water (I was Army). Did not like that at all. Since then it just freaks me a bit.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

yobuck
12-11-2021, 08:59 PM
There is a difference being on the water as in a boat, or underwater as in scuba diving.
Being somewhat claustrophobic i cant handle being underwater.
I tried scuba diving one time, and that was enough for me to realize i cant handle it.
I lived in the Keys for over 10 years when i first came to Florida, so diving would have been a nice thing for me to do while living there.
I can handle the snorkeling, but not the deep dives.
Motion sickness is a different situation, lots of people cant handle being on the water in a boat for that reason.

charlie b
12-11-2021, 11:08 PM
Small boats never made me seasick, even in some interesting storms. I just don't like the deep water anymore, on a boat or not. Weird I know.

charlie b
12-11-2021, 11:10 PM
So, did the .25-284 ever get loaded and shot? :)

JASmith
12-12-2021, 09:02 PM
So, did the .25-284 ever get loaded and shot? :)

++ 1 !!!

pighunter284
12-28-2021, 12:02 AM
lol where did this thread go.
no not even barreled yet. stomach virus from the devil went trough the house then the C-19. boohoo
eventurally.

thanks i alway forget about ammoguide.com

jeffreybehr
01-01-2022, 04:03 PM
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-data-center?rdc=true&type=54

I'm amazed that no one has thought of looking for powder-company data.