PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for an F- class stock

coorslight
11-04-2021, 02:20 PM
So here is my issue a few years ago I bought a Savage Target action, screw hole spacing 4.4", put a Shilen barrel on it ordered an F- class stock from Savage. Recently bought another Target action same 4.4" spacing, ordered a Shilen barrel in a different caliber, called Savage to order the same stock they changed the screw hole spacing to 3. whatever ", They told me they get there stocks from USA wood, a search came up empty figured I might be able to order one from them. Where can I get or order a drop in fit F- class stock for this action without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance FOUND ONE

Fuj'
11-05-2021, 06:53 AM
That shorter screw spacing is on the Savage dual port action. Not many choices we all have
run into.....Check with "Richards Micro Fit" rifle-stocks.com. They have a toll free number.
You could also check with Fred on here if he would make you one. He has, or does typical
bench rest stocks for Savage but unclear if he could do a longer flat bottom stock.

Robinhood
11-06-2021, 12:31 AM
That shorter screw spacing is on the Savage dual port action. Not many choices we all have
run into.....Check with "Richards Micro Fit" rifle-stocks.com. They have a toll free number.
You could also check with Fred on here if he would make you one. He has, or does typical
bench rest stocks for Savage but unclear if he could do a longer flat bottom stock.

Fuj and OP,
Savage mixed it up a little bit. You could find yourself with a right eject F/tr in both 3.x or a 4.4. Same with the left ejecting LRPV in 3.X. I am pretty sure you could get a F/class with the 3.x. I'm not sure how many years that went on but it happened early on with the PTA.

The 3.X can be converted to the 4.4 and a fella can omit the middle screw(s) without any loss of accuracy. I have the T shirt to prove it.

Good luck with the stock, I got nothing except for Fred Moreo. http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/images/Stocks/LowProfileBR/lowprofileBR.jpg

coorslight
11-06-2021, 09:10 AM
I did a little research on SSS and it seems back a few years people had some issues with getting things they ordered, I assume that problem has cleared up since everyone seems to suggest them. Richards Micro - fit seems like an option the downside is having it finished (I suck at finish work) didn't know the savage stock could be modified thanks for the info, possibility there or go with SSS. any more input appreciated.

coorslight
11-06-2021, 02:22 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Stockade Gun Stocks?

coorslight
11-09-2021, 06:42 AM
I called Savage and talked to Effy in the custom shop, she found one for me. Thanks for all the input.

Fuj'
11-09-2021, 07:26 AM
I called Savage and talked to Effy in the custom shop, she found one for me. Thanks for all the input.

What is the price ?? I've talked to them in the past, and they would not sell a target stock.

Matt Crew
12-12-2021, 12:16 AM
Would an Oryx chassis work? I have my Remington 700 in one and it’s worked out well for shooting PRS style events. They sell an arca rail for them also. I just ordered one for my Savage 11.

Fuj'
12-12-2021, 08:33 AM
Would an Oryx chassis work? I have my Remington 700 in one and it’s worked out well for shooting PRS style events. They sell an arca rail for them also. I just ordered one for my Savage 11.

Yes it will but you need to work on a better rear bag slider. One of the buds is using a
wide stance Sinclair bipod. Be advised that the 2 butt plate screws are not sturdy
enough to support the cheap L shaped riders sold.

Matt Crew
12-13-2021, 09:28 AM
I’m waiting to see the one I just ordered. I had read on another forum that Oryx now has m-lok in the rear for a bag rider.

South Prairie jim
12-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Has anyone had any experience with Stockade Gun Stocks?
Yes
Kevin and Janet Rayhill make very good Savage stocks in a reasonable time frame

Fuj'
12-14-2021, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Matt Crew;495901 I had read on another forum that Oryx now has m-lok in the rear for a bag rider.[/QUOTE]

Both of mine have the M-lock slot. I was going to do a review of the Long Shot model
for the MDT chassis. I passed on the project when I found out the unit was $235 beans.