PDA

View Full Version : EGW 20 MOA rail

JonRigs
11-01-2021, 12:58 AM
I just got a 110 tactical, mounted my scope and bipod and took it to the range to zero.after fouling I shot a 6 shot group inside .52 MOA at 100 yards. However, when I got home, I noticed that my 100 yard zero was 10 mrad from bottom only leaving me 9 mrad up elevation adjustment where I should have at least 14 mrad available. Inspecting the rail, I compared to picture of EGW Rail on their website. They have "EGW SAVAGE SA 20 MOA J3117" on the bottom of theirs, whereas mine only says "20 MOA" on right rear mount. Can anyone confirm by looking at theirs?

Thanks!

Dave Hoback
11-01-2021, 04:35 AM
EGW makes the rails for Savage, but they don’t mark them “EGW”. This is pretty common with manufacturer partnerships. What is the reasoning behind your knowledge there should be 14mils left? Are you swapping the 20MOA to MRAD of the rail? About 5.8mrad.

MS50
11-01-2021, 04:44 AM
I use EGW rails exclusively. I worked through this issue in the past. Check to ensure the rail isn't installed backwards. Before zeroing your scope, mechanically center your vertical and windage turrets. The scope I used while dealing with this issue did not demonstrate the vertical range that was advertised, as verified by the manufacturer. Depending on what you will use the rifle for, you may not need 14 mrad of elevation. My 223, 6br and 308 all require less than 10 mrad to reach 1000yds. The 223 has 0MOA mounts.

RCE1
11-02-2021, 06:32 PM
I picked up a few thousandths elevation on a 10GRS by bedding the rail. After a seminar, I checked the fit of the Pic rail on the rifle. It's fairly common for the rail to float a little bit above the rear of the receiver when the front screws are snugged up. This particular sample had quite a bit of daylight showing, so I bedded the rear of the rail with some JB. Worked perfectly, is nearly invisible and now the Pic rail is better mated to the action. I'll add that the rail went several years merely screwed down tight front and rear as it came from the factory, so improving the fit was beneficial. From what I understand, you can use the same bedding technique to add look-down to your sight rails with a little shim stock to set the height as desired. Just make sure to use a good release agent before letting the epoxy genie out of the bottle (or tube).

deadduck357
11-03-2021, 03:16 AM
Not saying this is the issue here but I've found that EGW scope rails to be just so-so. They will get the job done but they're certainly not top tier.