PDA

View Full Version : 1915 Stevens 520 inertia Question?

Dan101955
10-20-2021, 11:10 AM
I own a Stevens 520 break down that i absolutely love shooting. I have a question about the Inertia block on this shotgun. Is the inertia block part of the breech block of this shotgun.
I have shot this shotgun many time and it cycles great. Kicks like a mule. I would like to replace worn parts. Have seen the u tube videos on this gun. but can not find any info. on the inertia block for this shotgun anywhere. any help is appreciated.

Dan

Big Al1
10-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Not sure what you mean by inertia block, but Gun Parts Corp and Ebay has parts listed.
Savage/Springfield/Stevens 520 Parts | Numrich Gun Parts (gunpartscorp.com) (https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/savstevspgfld/shotguns-sav/520-2)

savage 520 | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=savage+520&_sacat=0)

Model24
10-20-2021, 03:58 PM
The 520 is a Long Recoil action, not Inertia. I’m not sure what an Inertia action is, but it’s different. Currently offered by Benelli and Franchi???

Wait, isn’t the 520 a pump?

JimFsh
10-21-2021, 09:04 AM
I own a Stevens 520 break down that i absolutely love shooting. I have a question about the Inertia block on this shotgun. Is the inertia block part of the breech block of this shotgun.
I have shot this shotgun many time and it cycles great. Kicks like a mule. I would like to replace worn parts. Have seen the u tube videos on this gun. but can not find any info. on the inertia block for this shotgun anywhere. any help is appreciated.

Dan

Inertia block????? (No such thing on a 520)

what you want to tame the recoil of the 520 is a new “friction ring” . . . .BUT installed CORRECTLY!

EDIT: Forget ALL of this post . . . .I was thinking of the Model 720 . . . .NOT your 520, SORRY!!

Sav22
10-24-2021, 11:53 AM
I looked at the parts list in a factory catalog and there is nothing about an inertia block, I do not think these ever had that feature. I know early Marlin hammer pumps had an inertia action released added early on because of the possibility of a hang fire blowing the bolt out the rear of the gun. The inertial block was part of this and it released an action lock on recoil, if there was a misfire that might result in a hang fire the action had to be manually unlock to open it which they hoped delayed it long enough in case of a hang fire.