PDA

View Full Version : half grown jack rabbit

texken
10-15-2021, 06:00 PM
about July, jacks are about half grown, in the heat of the day they get under a sunflower, drive by a shoot, skin, check liver for any odd looking issues, flour like you do chicken (salt,pepper ect>) fry in cast iron skillet, make gravy with drippings, yummy

wbm
10-17-2021, 11:20 AM
Shoot the rabbit to keep him from eating the sunflower...cut the sunflower...go home put the flower in a mason jar with water. Cook a thick rib-eye steak. Yummy.

Robinhood
10-17-2021, 10:11 PM
Shoot the rabbit to keep him from eating the sunflower...cut the sunflower...go home put the flower in a mason jar with water. Cook a thick rib-eye steak. Yummy.

LOL I think the OP like rabbit. Tastes like chicken.

wbm
10-18-2021, 09:41 AM
Must.

snoeproe
11-08-2021, 06:03 PM
Fella who lives not too far from me, used to raise rabbits in his barn for eating. They are good eating. His wife used to baby sit my kids. The kids loved eating rabbit and didn’t know it. Lol.

PhilC
11-09-2021, 11:09 AM
We raised rabbits too and they frequently were what we had for dinner on Sunday. I could dispatch, skin, and cut them up in nothing flat. Funny, when my dad showed me how to dispatch one (swift smack with piece of 2x4 or pipe at back of skull) he didn't have the stomach to watch and walked away. LOL.