PDA

View Full Version : light primer strikes with 7.62x51 ammo

Pages : 1 [2]

shoots100
10-18-2021, 12:34 AM
My point. With the old style firing pins this was not normally an issue though.
My point is that we don't know how old the mil spec ammo + reloads are and can only speculate about every other aspect under the sun without seeing the rifle and ammo in person.
We're going on the assumption that the ammo is good, the OP knows something about rifles, except shooting them and there's actually an issue with the rifle, which might be possible, but who knows ?
It's been two weeks and not a peep from the OP about it.
It would be nice if the OP would update the community here, so the guessing game can end.
Hopefully the issue has been resolved and the rifle is working 100%, but who knows ?

RCE1
10-18-2021, 12:56 PM
If I was having an ignition issue with a new rifle and surplus ammunition, the first thing I'd try is some well known factory ammunition. In this case, .308 Winchester.

Robinhood
10-18-2021, 09:23 PM
My point is that we don't know how old the mil spec ammo + reloads are and can only speculate about every other aspect under the sun without seeing the rifle and ammo in person.
We're going on the assumption that the ammo is good, the OP knows something about rifles, except shooting them and there's actually an issue with the rifle, which might be possible, but who knows ?
It's been two weeks and not a peep from the OP about it.
It would be nice if the OP would update the community here, so the guessing game can end.
Hopefully the issue has been resolved and the rifle is working 100%, but who knows ?

I don't disagree.

Dave Hoback
10-22-2021, 11:06 PM
I'm thinking the OP figured out it was the ammo...as several here pointed out to him. Sometimes people just don't like facing the music. Or maybe he sent it back to Savage & is waiting for them to tell him there is nothing wrong with it and DON'T shoot anymore surplus ammunition.

Robin: I was dying laughing reading your earlier replies. Asking your "questions". LOL! Too much man.. HAHA!

Robinhood
10-24-2021, 12:20 PM
Robin: I was dying laughing reading your earlier replies. Asking your "questions". LOL! Too much man.. HAHA!

Whuuuuut? LOL