PDA

View Full Version : Savage Mk II Minimalist 22LR

GNAP
08-18-2021, 07:36 PM
I went to the LGS, while there a guy was looking a a Savage MkII Minimalist, that has a short, tapered, threaded barrel and a green laminated stock. I was there to pick up a dozen 1/4” plastic bore brushes and was listening to the guy asking about the rifle and the sales spiel. The guy decided against the rifle, I asked to look at it, after a few minutes and a quick price reduction, I bought. This is the 4th Savage rifle, I’ve bought in the last 2 months.

I not wild about the laminated stock, I actually prefer the synthetic stocks. I do like the size, the balance and it has an Accu-Trigger. As soon as I get the iron signs on it, I’ll post a picture.

GNAP
08-22-2021, 10:40 AM
Here is a picture of my Savage Mk II Minimalist, I have it set up for my iron sight league. The rear peep sight is a Savage aftermarket peep sight, I’m still working on the height of the front sight. The current front sight, is a 17 mm two piece shaft collar, with a threat stud, to work on the correct height, so I can later make or buy a permanent front sight.