PDA

View Full Version : Weaver

Mr.Snerdly
08-16-2021, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know if the Weaver Classic 6 X24 scope is the same as the Bushnell 6 X 24 Nitro? I got an ad from Natchez and out of curiosity looked at the specs and they are nearly identical to the Bushnell. I believe Bushnell and Weaver are owned by he same company so it sounds reasonable. I believe Bushnell discontinued the Nitro line. I think they are a good scope for what I paid for them. The last one was $215 or so with the rebate. List is $575-660 depending on a few different features which is clearly a vastly inflated price and no one pays list for scopes but for $215 I think they are a good value

RCE1
08-16-2021, 07:19 PM
As I recall, Nitro was a sub brand of Weaver. I didn't know that Weaver and Bushnell were linked, but have always had good luck with both brands. I especially like the 6-24, 4-16, T-24 and 36 in the Weaver line. When they were available, I got several Nitro 6.5-20 and thought they were an excellent value. When you take to the field with a dozen varmint rifles, reasonably priced high power scopes that work well are very desirable.

I was looking at the ad on Natchez and they look like good scopes for great prices. Bushnell is now offering the Nitro line, as you said. I have all the scopes I need for the time being but I would certainly be tempted.

Txhillbilly
08-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Weaver is practically out of the scope business. I think the Classic is the only line still made, and is probably a rebadged copy of a Bushnell.

https://riflescope-review.com/weaver-scopes-is-officially-out-of-business/

Txhillbilly
08-19-2021, 04:16 AM
Mr. Snerdly, I got your PM. I can't send you a PM because your over your limit.
You can call me around lunch time any day of the week if you want.

Mr.Snerdly
08-19-2021, 10:26 PM
Ok, thanks. good to know that I need to delete some messages too. I wasn't aware of that.

Timb
09-15-2021, 08:42 AM
I'd heard they were basically the same scope internally, but don't know how accurate that is.