PDA

View Full Version : A17/A22 Series: A22 Trigger With CCI Ammo

MacDent
08-13-2021, 10:35 AM
My Savage A22 works perfectly with other .22 LR ammo (Lapua Midas+, Lapua Pistol King, etc.). However, with CCI Velocitor .22 LR, the trigger does not return all the way after each shot. I sometiimes have to pull it forward a little before firing again.

Anybody have any ideas? Thank you.

Fasteddie01
08-13-2021, 02:46 PM
Hi Mac - Just a guess but maybe the V- is pushing the bolt too fast for the action to properly 'reset' ? Do you have any other 'Hyper-V' ammo ? Does this happen with "Hi-v" like CCI-MM-HV ? The Lapua is Standard V- at around 1050 or so (I forget- too expensive for me :rolleyes: ) I've had good luck with Fed Auto-Match @ 1200, too, but that's pricey for the quality. CCI-SV or SK Standard+ has enough power to cycle and is Waayy more accurate. Of course, each gun is a bit diff, so YMMV. I've got an A and B and 64 that all like A-M, but like SK+ better ;-)

MacDent
08-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Hi Mac - Just a guess but maybe the V- is pushing the bolt too fast for the action to properly 'reset' ? Do you have any other 'Hyper-V' ammo ? Does this happen with "Hi-v" like CCI-MM-HV ? The Lapua is Standard V- at around 1050 or so (I forget- too expensive for me :rolleyes: ) I've had good luck with Fed Auto-Match @ 1200, too, but that's pricey for the quality. CCI-SV or SK Standard+ has enough power to cycle and is Waayy more accurate. Of course, each gun is a bit diff, so YMMV. I've got an A and B and 64 that all like A-M, but like SK+ better ;-)

Interesting. This CCI ammo is way hotter than anything I've been using. I bet your right. Makes sense. Good one.

...forgot to include: No, I haven't used any other Hyper-V.