PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Picked Up A Woox Wild Man?

NekkedDave
08-10-2021, 08:52 PM
I've been looking at purchasing a Woox Wild Man stock for my old Model 10 short action and was wondering if anyone on here has anything to share about this stock before I pull the trigger (pun intended).

Dave Hoback
08-10-2021, 10:28 PM
Definitely unique. Can’t see any problem, being an Aluminum Chassis. And for less that $600...no bedding needed, not prone to needing playing around with special Action screw torque, etc. Looks decent performance wise. If you dig the style, I say go for it!

Nor Cal Mikie
08-10-2021, 11:20 PM
Not my style but, if I was out and about and spotted one, I sure would give it a real close look. :cool:

NekkedDave
08-11-2021, 01:06 PM
I was looking for something to replace the synthetic stock on one of my old hunting rifles. So after going back and forth I decided to go for it and purchased one for under $500 after mil discount. I'll post pics after I get it in.

Orezona
08-11-2021, 02:11 PM
I'd really like to see one in person. Definitely post some pictures please.

Txhillbilly
08-11-2021, 03:03 PM
I've handled all three styles of the WOOX stocks. They are made really good, but were heavier than I wanted for my new custom action build, so I just bought another KRG Bravo.

Dave Hoback
08-11-2021, 04:42 PM
They are about 6oz difference. Bravo uses polymer forend & buttstock. But no dice for Savage anyway. I do prefer the Whiskey-3...MUCH heavier than either....although ALL Aluminum. Way a proper* Chassis should be. :thumb: Well..that’s my opinion. I’m disabled anyway & not worrying about carrying it around.

NekkedDave
08-11-2021, 04:58 PM
Yeah I looked at KRG but no dice for Savage since they discontinued the 180 Alpha. I'm excited to see how this Woot chassis shoots when I get everything together.

NekkedDave
08-11-2021, 04:59 PM
Txhillbilly Pictures coming once I receive it!

Txhillbilly
08-12-2021, 01:58 PM
They are about 6oz difference. Bravo uses polymer forend & buttstock. But no dice for Savage anyway. I do prefer the Whiskey-3...MUCH heavier than either....although ALL Aluminum. Way a proper* Chassis should be. :thumb: Well..that’s my opinion. I’m disabled anyway & not worrying about carrying it around.

The Bravo weighs 2.9 lbs, The Woox Exactus weighs 4.1 lbs. Big difference! I also have a Whiskey 3 on another custom build, it's a great chassis

Dave Hoback
08-12-2021, 04:49 PM
The Bravo weighs 2.9 lbs, The Woox Exactus weighs 4.1 lbs. Big difference! I also have a Whiskey 3 on another custom build, it's a great chassis

Sure..... except the OP stated HE’S getting the “Wild Man”, not the Exactus...the Wild Man being 3.2lbs. OR.... about 6oz more than the KRG Bravo. As I said.

NekkedDave
08-13-2021, 06:46 PM
Well Woox says it shipped so I’ll post pictures soon and actual weights. Gonna throw a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 on it.

Dave Hoback
08-14-2021, 10:54 AM
The Wild Man...right Dave? Which was the focus of your thread. Or did you get the Exactus? Mentioned by someone in a failed & misleading attempt at discrediting my statements.

NekkedDave
08-16-2021, 03:05 PM
The Wild Man...right Dave? Which was the focus of your thread. Or did you get the Exactus? Mentioned by someone in a failed & misleading attempt at discrediting my statements.

Dave, I ordered the Wild Man as I wanted something better than an OE stock but I didn't want the weight of a full blown chassis so I can still carry the rifle in the backcountry.

As for the shipping it still says label created awaiting item from shipper so it's going to be a few more days before I get it.

gc_gc
11-02-2021, 07:35 PM
Did you get the stock? What bottom metal are you using? My 110 Tactical bottom metal (Accurate-Mag from factory, I think) doesn't fit the Woox Furiosa I just got, so I'm wondering if yours did and if it did, what magazine type works? How wide is the inlet on yours?

Apologies for all the questions, but I already spent the money and I'm wondering if I need to spend upwards of $180 more to use the Woox I just got... before I even buy magazines.

Edit: I'm going to start a new thread with my results from talking with Woox.