PDA

View Full Version : Axis Rifle Adjustable Trigger

MikeT124
08-08-2021, 11:33 AM
I am a 110 owner so don't know much about Axis rifles. A friend of mine recently purchased an Axis rifle in 270 Win. The trigger is pretty terrible, it is not an accu-trigger. I would like to know if this stock trigger is adjustable? If not do any of the after market trigger makers make on for the Axis rifles. I don't currently have the rifle in my possession so I can't give you any additional information on it. I'm not certain if it's new, but I don't think so because the owner does not have an owner's manual for it, so it may be a few years old?? I will have the rifle to work probably in the 2 - 3 weeks as they come our way once or twice every month. Can the 110 accu-trigger be installed into an Axis rifle?

Thanks appreciate your help, Mike

wbm
08-08-2021, 11:55 AM
I would like to know if this stock trigger is adjustable?

Well just only sorta maybe. Lot's of "tune up tricks" on-line for the stock trigger.

If not do any of the after market trigger makers make on for the Axis rifles.

Yes. I have and like Rifle Basix SAV-I There are other less expensive ones as well.

Jester560
08-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Timney has an Axis trigger.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MikeT124
08-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys, good info. Will supply more details when I get my hands on the rifle.

Mike

UrbanRedneck
08-10-2021, 01:49 AM
YouTube social regressive's $500 1k rifle. He built out an axis rifle for 1k yards. There is one video in that series that is dedicated to the trigger. Gives good step by step in how to work over that factory trigger.

MikeT124
08-10-2021, 11:25 AM
Thanks UR, I'll look him up and see if I think I have the tools/skill to work over the stock trigger.

Mike

Mr.Snerdly
08-10-2021, 11:35 AM
I don't know if everyone has this experience but my axis had a good trigger other than it was far too heavy. I put in a varmint spring from a 110 and it supposedly goes down to 1 1/2 # in the 110 but in my Axis it is right around 1 # or maybe a little less. I don't have a real sophisticated measuring device for it but it works very well, at least in my opinion, and plenty good enough. I definitely would not pay extra for the Accutrigger version. They are far too heavy even at the lowest rate to be acceptable to most.

Regarding my Axis, I have come to the conclusion it simply does nothing but frustrate you when trying to get certain combos to work. I have to face it that MY Axis will not shoot light bullets but it works well on the 69 grain Sierras. I was trying to get lighter bullets to work (with NO success) since I have heard it extends barrel life. I went back to the 69 grain Sierras and all is well. No use driving yourself crazy with stuff that doesn't work and better to stick to what will work.

MikeT124
08-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Spent a fair amount of time on YouTube yesterday and have decided that the best approach cost & time wise is to go with an M-Carbo Pro Spring Kit. It will significantly reduce the trigger side to side wobble and reduce the trigger pull down to about 2 lbs and additionally make the trigger over travel adjustable without interfering with aftermarket stocks should one ever be put on the rifle.

I want to thank you all for your input especially for the info on the "social regressive" YouTude channel plus others doing much the same mods to their Axis rifles on YouTube.

Mike

scooterf79
08-13-2021, 08:27 PM
I installed the MCarbo kit on a 30-06 I put together for my dad. For $20 it was very well worth it. I think you'll be pleased with it. It's not as good as the rifle basix or timney triggers but it's a big difference over the factory one.
Good luck!
Scooter

MikeT124
08-14-2021, 06:46 PM
Thanks Scooter, I have installed some other MCarbo kits on other firearms (just don't remember which ones) so I'm familiar with them and the results that can be expected.

Mike

MikeT124
08-30-2021, 12:55 PM
I've had the trigger kit on order from M-Carbo for a few days and has been shipped. I've gotten possession of the rifle again so now it's just a matter of waiting on the kit. Will reply again after the mod is complete with feedback and trigger pull measurements.

Mike

MikeT124
09-02-2021, 11:44 AM
I managed to get the mod kit installed a couple days ago. The kit came with two springs a 2.5lb and a 3.5lb. I installed the 2.5lb spring. The results follow. Before the mod the average of 5 trigger snaps was 5lbs, 4.2oz. After the mod 5 snaps average is 1lb 6.4oz. The trigger still has some movement but is much smoother and more crisp. I think the owner will be very pleased. Mod took between a half hour and 45 minutes.

Mike

kappa8
09-02-2021, 01:59 PM
I put the M-Carbo on my Axis XP 350 Legend. Made a world of difference. Great choice for $20.