PDA

View Full Version : Sighting in Issue

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

want2ride
08-04-2021, 11:37 AM
I have a VX3i CDS ZL 4.5-14x40 and it isn't bad, but my Burris Veracity ffp scopes are much, MUCH nicer scopes.

Bighorn
08-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Only time I have ever had this happen, it was due to a scope failure. Easy enough to check if you have another scope off of a rifle that has been shooting accurately.

trolson90
08-04-2021, 05:50 PM
Only time I have ever had this happen, it was due to a scope failure. Easy enough to check if you have another scope off of a rifle that has been shooting accurately.

Yeah, that's exactly what it was. Something wrong the my Viper PST so it's going back to Vortex. In the market for a new scope now.

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 06:59 PM
Leupold makes Redfield . Burris and Steiner are the same company. cant go wrong with any of those . have Burris and Leupold no problems yet. O have a Redfield also. Natchez shooters supply always has somthing good on sale. I miss spoke apparently vortex are junk with all the bad reviews.

Dave Hoback
08-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Well yes....., but also a big resounding NO!! Both Burris & Steiner are OWNED by Beretta. Burris does not have the buying power, but is intact now the US distributor for Stainer optics. But Burris & Steiner are profoundly different optics, having NOTHING in common in components. Steiner, the company, is still located in Beyreuth, Germany. And is still small with like only 100+ workers.

Comparing the two is like comparing an AMG to a Ford!

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 09:39 PM
:censored::censored::censored::censored:Here we go again don't be so sure of that. better do your homework. O and by the way i didn't say they put Steiner parts in Burris scopes. so quit trying to show everyone how smart you are nobody cares.

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Have several Nikon Scopes also never had a problem there either.

charlie b
08-04-2021, 09:52 PM
But Nikon is out of the scope business.

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Still for sale at my local stores maby he could get one before there gone. had some of mine for probably 20 years.

charlie b
08-04-2021, 10:03 PM
​From the respective web sites.

Burris Company is owned by Beretta Holding S.p.A
Steiner is a Beretta Holding S.p.A. company
ed by Beretta Holding S.p.A

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 10:04 PM
Ive driven a Mercedes wouldn't have one i'll keep my old twin I beam ford .can't wait to hear how much you know about that DAVE

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 10:04 PM
True no doubt

Dave Hoback
08-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Thank you for that Charlie. :thumb:

charlie b
08-04-2021, 10:58 PM
Was looking at some others.

Nightforce is made in Japan.

Athlon, except for their top line scope, are made in China.

Vista Outdoors owns Bushnell, Simmons, Weaver and Tasco

Schmidt&Bender are made in Germany and Hungary (most of the optics components seem to be made in Hungary).

Leupold is in Oregon. They sold Redfield to Academy Sports. There is some information that says they use Japanese optical components.
[note: there is some conflict here since Vista/Weaver's site lists Redfield as one of their companies]

Zeiss and Swarovski are still based in Europe but have mfg facilities in other countries.

FWIW, I do not consider scopes made overseas to be less or better than any other. The buying and selling of different companies as well as component suppliers is not clear in many cases. A scope that is assembled in a US facility with optics from China can still be labeled as made in the US. At the same time, a company like Swarovski owns companies in the US and South America that provide specialized optics mfg machines.

Also, even if a company uses optics made by someone like Zeiss, they may be purchasing lower quality items to keep costs down.

PS forgot Vortex. Their cheaper lines are made in China. The Vipers in the Philippines. Razors are made in Japan except for the AMG model, that is assembled in the US. Not clear if the optics are Japanese or US.

charlie b
08-04-2021, 11:12 PM
Last one, SWFA. Lots of people seem to have good luck with these.

As far as I can tell this outdoors company gets their scopes from a factory in Japan, which some have said is a former Tasco factory. Can't confirm it.

Rifleman#1
08-05-2021, 07:09 AM
So smart didn't prove anything but the simple fact a select few are trying to run this websight what a joke what an A..Hole. started with me naming a few good scopes. and you all turn it in to a game of who knows the most. sad little people. cant let someone else say something without trying to one up them very sad.

Fuj'
08-05-2021, 08:09 AM
what a joke what an A..Hole.

Yes you are !! I swear you were banned last year. Anyone remember "Mikie"

Fuj'
08-05-2021, 08:23 AM
Nightforce is made in Japan.

Japan has alway's been a leader in quality optics glass, but to my chagrin when my first
NF 15-55x52 DDR2 Comp came in nothing on the box or the paper work said "Japan" !!
Turn the scope over and there it was. The Burris 8-40 F-class scope I have on my short
course rifle I knew was made in the Philipine's. Out standing glass compared to my
Bushnell Elites.

Rifleman#1
08-05-2021, 08:38 AM
Hey water boy Philippines makes some good scopes such as NIKON Your Butting in where you don't belong though. you give it out your going to get it back 3 fold!

PhilC
08-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Yes you are !! I swear you were banned last year. Anyone remember "Mikie"

:thumb: