View Full Version : Sighting in Issue

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Rifleman#1
08-02-2021, 01:18 PM
I bet its not in the scope maby he will find it soon.

trolson90
08-02-2021, 03:24 PM
O by the way finally found some Chuck Norris Pee for sale.

I don't understand this one...anyone care to fill me in?

Robinhood
08-02-2021, 04:29 PM

Yes, Rifleman wants attention. He cries about being picked on, then attacks. He is a https://oslosweatershop.com/185-thickbox_default/troll.jpg
Take away his inclination for controversy and he can be a decent guy. A little Schizophrenia in his blood.

Dave Hoback
08-02-2021, 04:57 PM

That’s something I mentioned in another thread as tongue in cheek. You know, the Chuck Norris jokes? As in Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer, too bad he has never cried.., etc. Rifleman mistakenly interpreted my joking as a dig at him. To which I expressed he’s not even on my radar. But now he’s using the same line, but completely out of context.

Rifleman#1
08-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Some weird ducks around here must be retired with nothing better to do but try to one up people.:bolt:

Robinhood
08-02-2021, 09:44 PM
Some weird ducks around here must be retired with nothing better to do but try to one up people.:bolt:

Like this?

I bet its not in the scope maby he will find it soon.

or this

O by the way finally found some Chuck Norris Pee for sale.

or this

My buddy had a vortex one of the crosshairs fell off completely

and

Just making a point. you guys are a piece of work. wont say what i really think because i cant. do you jump on everyone when they say something. makes you look soo smart. who cares what quality the scope is. just sharing a example good day. Maby Dave needs a hug!

Mr.Snerdly
08-02-2021, 09:54 PM
If it is a Vortex I would bet it is defective. I had two Vipers that were bad. I won't buy their overpriced junk again. Some people get along with them so it must be a quality control problem.

charlie b
08-03-2021, 07:32 AM
I have two Vortex that have been great for me. Not heavy calibers so not much of a recoil test. The tracking on both the Diamondback and Viper PST has been very good. Optics quality is good.

Would I buy another? Maybe. I'd probably look at the SWFA or other types.

yobuck
08-03-2021, 08:42 AM
I'm out. This thread is too serious for me. I retired to be able to enjoy shooting and reloading again.
Better to be out before you get in with much of this stuff.
Have some popcorn. lol

Rifleman#1
08-03-2021, 01:19 PM
Get a life people

Fuj'
08-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Get a life people

:third: Congratulation there Rifleman#3 . You won yourself a participation award.

Now do yourself a favor and put a sock in it. Some of us would like to get to the
root of the original post other than wading thru your bullshit.

:focus:

Fuj'
08-03-2021, 02:01 PM
Now with no more interruptions......Any more range time from the OP to work on the
issue ??

trolson90
08-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Now with no more interruptions......Any more range time from the OP to work on the
issue ??

Today. My range is closed on Mondays so I'm going today after work. I've done the test suggested by Alleycat72 but didn't notice any movement like he had mentioned. I mounted another scope (it's a Vortex....) on the .28 and will shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed and then return and report. I do have a Maven scope I could use but it's on my 6.5PRC and sighted in so that's only coming off if tonight's test doesn't work.

Rifleman#1
08-03-2021, 06:09 PM
Fiji go sell some water nobody ask for your input either. seems 3or4 people try to control this website and I don’t give up so hang on for the ride. or maby don’t comment when i say something

trolson90
08-03-2021, 09:15 PM
Aright everybody, as suspected, it was the scope. Had a 1” 5 shot group with a new scope. Will be sending this one back to Vortex. Most likely will let the local Scheel’s send it back and upgrade to a Leupold. Open to suggestions.

want2ride
08-03-2021, 09:31 PM
What kind of price range are you looking for?

Is it more of a hunting or target scope you are looking for?

This is my favorite hunting scope, and it is adequate at target, just get the optional MOA MAD KNOB turret.
https://www.natchezss.com/blemished-burris-veracity-rifle-scope-3-15x50mm-30mm-ffp-ballistic-plex-e1-matte.html

Mr.Snerdly
08-03-2021, 10:00 PM
Aright everybody, as suspected, it was the scope. Had a 1” 5 shot group with a new scope. Will be sending this one back to Vortex. Most likely will let the local Scheel’s send it back and upgrade to a Leupold. Open to suggestions.

I think you will be happy with a Leupold. I only have one and it is one of their lower priced ones but it is pretty nice. The Bushnell Nitros were on sale some time ago and they had some very good deals. List is over $600 and I got one for $215 or so with the rebate. I do like the Leuopold better though. Either one is a hell of a lot better than a Vortex Viper. I am really down on that outfit.

trolson90
08-03-2021, 10:22 PM
What kind of price range are you looking for?

Is it more of a hunting or target scope you are looking for?

This is my favorite hunting scope, and it is adequate at target, just get the optional MOA MAD KNOB turret.
https://www.natchezss.com/blemished-burris-veracity-rifle-scope-3-15x50mm-30mm-ffp-ballistic-plex-e1-matte.html

Looking for more of a hunting scope. Somewhere in the $800-1200 range.

Dave Hoback
08-04-2021, 06:45 AM
Looking for more of a hunting scope. Somewhere in the $800-1200 range.

Yup! Leupold VX series. Best hunting scopes out there.

PhilC
08-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Yup! Leupold VX series. Best hunting scopes out there.
They're good, really like mine.