PDA

View Full Version : Recoil Pad for 111?

bottlerocket
11-22-2010, 03:17 AM
What are some of the recommended recoil pads for this rifle? I went to the range for the first time today and this one didn't fit down quite right and didnt support the way I want it to. Its a .308 but they should all be the same size stock

zakk13
11-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I would try one of the sims limbsaver pads i heard good this about them. They have a slip on and a bolt on. supposed to reduce recoil by 75%. I just got a 300 wsm and thats probably what im going to get for it.

Hunterdude
11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Those limbsaver pads are the trick. My sons 358 Win( laminated stock) has one and it kicks about like a 243 with the limbasver pad on it. I bought one for my 358 ( tupperware stock) but havent got to shoot it yet. I 'm supposed to get the gun tomorrow night, I'll keep you posted on how it does.

CRNA
11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
My 111 Has the factory pad on it. Did you not like it? Do you take that factory pad off to get he limbsaver on? I havent shot mine yet, but I may look in that direction is the factory pad doesn't tame mine down enough.

GaCop
11-24-2010, 08:43 AM
You'll find the factory pad sorely lacking. The Limbsaver is the way to go, especially if you bench shoot a lot.

hailstone
11-24-2010, 09:31 AM
If you really want the best recoil pad get a Kick Eez. I've used both and won't even consider a Limbsaver anymore. The black and blue shoulder tells the true story not some advertising hype. Talked with my gunsmith last time he did a couple pad installations about both makes. He prefers installing the Kick Eez because of materials used in manufacturing the pads. Less trouble installing and fewer call backs after installation. Be aware that prefit pads are "one size fits all" which shouldn't be a problem with any plastic stock. However it does become a problem with some wood stocks. Tried prefit pads by both manufacturers and ended up having them custom installed by a gunsmith. Look like they came that way from the manufacturer not some sloppy bubba add on.

jpdown
11-24-2010, 03:10 PM
If you really want the best recoil pad get a Kick Eez. I've used both and won't even consider a Limbsaver anymore. The black and blue shoulder tells the true story not some advertising hype. Talked with my gunsmith last time he did a couple pad installations about both makes. He prefers installing the Kick Eez because of materials used in manufacturing the pads. Less trouble installing and fewer call backs after installation. Be aware that prefit pads are "one size fits all" which shouldn't be a problem with any plastic stock. However it does become a problem with some wood stocks. Tried prefit pads by both manufacturers and ended up having them custom installed by a gunsmith. Look like they came that way from the manufacturer not some sloppy bubba add on.

+1. I've used and fitted both the Limbsaver and Kick-EeZ. I've found most prefits are a little bit off. For a DIY sand-to-fit, the Kick-Eez is much more user friendly. Print out the Kick-Eez online templates and match to your bare stock butt for the best fit before you order. You'll save some time and money based on my experience. Midway usually carries the Kick-Eez in stock. LOL.

GaCop
11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Good to know, looks like I'll be switching over to the Kick-Eez!