PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Stock

PapaMcEuin
07-12-2021, 11:31 AM
Ok, apologies for not tagging on to other threads with this but I frankly don't know enough to know I won't screw it up just reading random posts. I don't do mods and such to guns so this is new to me. I have a Trophy Hunter 11/111 bought from Cabella's about 7 years back. Came with the Nikon scope. It is chambered in 308 and I have used it hunting 2 seasons. I am 5'6" and weigh about 130 lbs. My wife has the Axis youth model in a 243 and it is much more comfortable. I would like to have a slightly shorter stock but not quite as short as the youth model stocks, maybe an inch or so shorter and from what I have read, a laminate stock that is heavier than the plastic stock would lessen the recoil (slightly). What options do I have to do this that are not going to take a machinist to do? I do a lot of repair work myself but I don't want to start buying the wrong stuff and spend a crazy amount. Last season I hunted successfully in crossbow and had nothing in rifle season. This year corn is planted meaning long shots in the harvested field will be an option so back to rifle options for a couple weeks and want the gun to be ready for that route.

SageRat Shooter
07-12-2021, 11:52 AM
https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

I have the 111 trophy hunter chambered in 30-06. Boyd's is probably the cheapest option for a Laminate stock. You can have them customize your LOP while they are making it for you. I can't speak to how long it will take them to get it to you however. I have a Prairie Hunter, and a Pro Varmint stock on 2 of my rifles, and I'm much happier with them than the plastic standard stocks that come with the XP packages.

You might also take a look at the "At-One" stock as it has an adjustable length of pull.

Underdog
07-12-2021, 12:02 PM
I think your only going to have 2 options, call Savage and see if they will sell you a trophy hunter compact short action stock. Or go to boyd's gun stocks and get a custom laminate or wood stock with a short LOP. I'm 5'3" and I have a trophy hunter 11 compact and it fits me perfect, mine is in 223. Regular Savage stocks are too long for me, I can shoot them but it's uncomfortable for me. Ruger made a compact ranch rifle in several calibers, I have 2 of them and they also fit me perfect and are super accurate rifles.