PDA

View Full Version : Barrel trouble with my M12 lrpv.

Mayo
07-09-2021, 12:50 PM
I have a Model 12 lrpv in 6br norma that has been a tack driver but the last time I cleaned it.....two days after a trip to the range...."something" shows up in the barrel that scared the hell out of me and I'm at a lost as to what caused it. I clean it thus.....K-oil about 4 times back and forth, full length, JB on a .22 cal brush patched full length about 6 times and them K-oil about twice and then patched until it is clean. A coat of BROWNING oil with excess removed. This has always worked. I always check with a LYMAN scope for fouling. The last time I found something that looks like someone had sprinkled salt into the barrel and then run a brass brush through it. It covers the entire bore with this pitting the size of half a pen head. I have checked with a couple friend and a gunsmith and no one has ever seen anything like this.
I have pictures but I'm not sure how to get them on here. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Mayo

Robinhood
07-09-2021, 12:59 PM
Pictures?

Mayo
07-09-2021, 02:07 PM
Robinhood.....right now, they are saying I cannot post attachments.
Thanks, Mayo

Robinhood
07-09-2021, 02:22 PM
What is your method? You may need to post the pic to a photo storage site then paste it here.

Mayo
07-09-2021, 03:05 PM
I'm only going by what they said what I can and can't do........no attachments. Method? I took shots of the inside of the barrel with a Lyman bore scope and put them on my computer, that all.

Robinhood
07-09-2021, 03:31 PM
If you try to upload from your hard drive this site will not allow unless you are a paid member. Otherwise you need to got to a web based storage site like Shutterfly (https://www.shutterfly.com/ideas/shutterflys-free-unlimited-photo-storage/) or Imgur (https://imgur.com/) and others. You have to download to that site then link or copy and paste to your post here.

Mayo
07-13-2021, 04:51 PM
Thanks Roinhood but I don't think I will be doing that. I would only be posting these 5 pictures. That would be the only use I would have for the site. I only use email to post pictures to friends and family. Posting others would go directly to the business ( such as to Savage Arms) or people in the firearms business.....gunsmiths.

Appreciate your time and efforts.
Mayo

Robinhood
07-13-2021, 05:07 PM
Sorry i came accros as so persistent. Sometimes posting pictures is not easy and I as just trying to help.