PDA

View Full Version : Model 112 Feed problem

Prairie Dog hunter
06-30-2021, 02:42 PM
I have a Mod 112, cal Rem 22-250. 2nd Round jumps out of magazine too high and will not feed. Causes jam....3 and 4 remain normal

243winxb
06-30-2021, 04:52 PM
Make sure all cartridges are fully seated to the rear of the magazine. Or load only 3 rounds. If this doesnt help, >>

I would bend the magazine lips in a tiny amount. Think thousandths. Before starting, take measurement from lip to lip. This is where the cartridges sIts.
I measure with an RCBS dial caliper.

This Youtube guy is bending lips out. You want to bend them in.
https://youtu.be/eDqBlqpdxCI

Robinhood
06-30-2021, 05:15 PM
Someone deleted my earlier thread here.

You can tell a lot by moving the bolt slowly and watching what happens. With that knowledge you can apply the suggestion above with a greater purpose.

Prairie Dog hunter
06-30-2021, 05:45 PM
I have a Mod 112, cal Rem 22-250. 2nd Round jumps out of magazine too high and will not feed. Causes jam....3 and 4 remain normal
Thanks guys, I am reminded of a similar problem with one of my Mod 11's a couple years ago......yes, I bent the lips a tad and problem was resolved. I wanted a warm and fuzzy that
I was doing the right thing. I shall attempt another fix

want2ride
06-30-2021, 08:39 PM
I have a kimber 7mm-08 that has an internal box mag that feeds the first one perfect and the second one is always too low, but feeds the third one just fine. I am hoping that i can adjust that as easy as my AICS mags. With the AICS mags that feed lip adjustment tool makes it SOOO easy. If you don't have one get the tool!!!