PDA

View Full Version : Scout 110 Scout Rifle

G2122
06-24-2021, 05:21 PM
I am new to bolt action rifles and Savage Rifles. I purchased my first one, a Scout 110 a few months ago and had a Vortex Scout scope mounted with vortex rings. I have heard the BUIS are worthless and shoot high. I shot a few rounds through my rifle before having the scope mounted. I think it was shooting a little high, but not enough to rule out user error. The rear sight is at its lowest setting so there is no room for adjustment. I let Savage know and they have offered to have me send it back to them to look at. The only catch, is that I would have to take the scope off and of couse, have it re-mounted. I am not sure if it is even worth it. Should I just not worry about it and move on, is there any other fix to the front sight, or send it back? I am satisfied with the performance of the rifle with the scope on it and all other ways it functions.

Wayne Nixon
06-24-2021, 09:05 PM
For my use if I’m happy with the way a rifle shoots with scope mounted and don’t plan to use open sights why bother with trying to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G2122
06-24-2021, 09:22 PM
That is kind of what I'm thinking.

Newtosavage
06-26-2021, 01:06 PM
Yes, the Savage Scout rifles all shoot high with the factory Williams sights. I've had two now and they were both the same. Easy fix is to get a taller front sight. Even easier fix is to enjoy your scout scope and not worry about it. :D