Totosdad
05-26-2021, 04:32 PM
My Savage 110 tactical shoots fine, but I would like the bolt a little
smoother. Was wondering if lapping compound used on the lugs
Would help at little.

Thanks for any input.

Beowoulf2000
05-26-2021, 06:22 PM
As a general primer on smoothing the rough spots on the 110 bolt, this thread has some useful ideas:
https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?67654-How-do-I-get-my-new-bolt-to-run-smooth-and-slick

Robinhood
05-26-2021, 06:45 PM
We discuss this from time to time. That link to a post above discusses one aspect of a rough bolt travel pretty good, the sliding back and forth issue. Try smoothing out the raceway if it is the back and forth motion. Is this your issue or is it the bolt lift that is difficult?

If it is a lift issue, I saw that Midway has their Savage Tactical bolt handles on sale. That normally helps a little. My favorite bolt handles are my modified bolt handles and SSS bolt handles. If it is a hard lift you will need to focus on correct lift kit and possibly reduce the firing pin spring diameter a small amount. Be aware that a lift kit will do you no good unless your shorten the BAS(the large screw in the rear of the bolt).

Good luck, Lots of guys that post on hear have great experience trying to make their Savage rifles tolerable. If you were a girl you could just get a Tikka. A Bergara would be good if you were a sissy.:biggrin-new:

jpx2rk
05-27-2021, 07:41 AM
Youtube has numerous videos on the topic. There is a guy by the name of Vaughn that has a segment on just this topic IIRC.

Orezona
06-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Youtube has numerous videos on the topic. There is a guy by the name of Vaughn that has a segment on just this topic IIRC.

I think it was in his 243AI build series. Vaughn Precision is the YouTube name.