PDA

View Full Version : Axis II Precision scope mount base replacement

Stante
05-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Hi guys,
after spending like 20 hours of "researching" on the internet, I got totally frustrated as I'm still not able to find solution for what I want to change about the rifle. Long story short - I'd like to or better really want to change stock 20MOA scope mount base for a better one, possibly going for steel. It is really the situation I can't think of figuring out. Yes, I'm new in PRS field so that could be easily the reason, but still...The most important fact is that I come from Czechia, central Europe. And there is literarilly nothing I could use on this. From what I think I might understood (or not) It seems to me It must be specific one for this rifle - correct me please if I'm wrong. Sadly, there aren't even most common Savage mount bases in stock, not talking about sth specific. And that speaking of Europe, not CZ. I know everything is fcked up about weapon and accesories bussiness regarding USA especially, but I'm depressed about this. As a non-licensed hobby shooter I'm not able to order the thing from US, and if somehow yes, It would be waiting ? months, with unclear result It's gonna work, or could break and I would need replacement, warranty etc etc...Do you have any ideas, hints, tips how to proceed in this misery? I will appreciate totally anything - for example assure me being idiot who didn't get it and just use basic savage axis base, use base for different rifle which fits mine and It works, having it made in custom way with huge expenses, or just to give up? :( :D Thanks a lot in advance, take care and I wish all of you nice weekend:)
Best,
Teodor

EDIT: first thing I've done about some first unsuccesfull attempts, was to find exact technical and dimension specs and compatibility of my rifle either at Savage arms official website, or anywhere else - with no real outcome

Robinhood
05-22-2021, 07:09 PM
Your Savage supplied 20 MOA rail is probably made by EGW. I can't see that product inhibiting you from being successful in any shooting sport unless you are shooting upside down.

What is it about the rail that is giving you concern?

Stante
05-23-2021, 02:50 AM
Yes Sir, you are right, i measured with caliper, checked the pictures + base in detail and it is definitely EGW one. Obviously the very basic one, but still EGW. The idea came from situation when we had 4 Savage rifles on range which 2 of those could have been zerooed without any trouble whatsoever on 100 metres and another two couldn't no matter what. Using same scope and rings. So we assumed mount bases aren't precisely made and are just some Chinese "aliexpres-style" ones. It works for my rifle, but i was worried about possibly going to try some amateur competition and realised just before the start that it's totally way of zero and couldn't rely on proper functionality. But mby it's just me being paranoid :D