PDA

View Full Version : Model 12

Spudgun
05-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know if savage had 2 different triggers on the model 12's.

Some claim that models produced in the 80's did not have a accu-trigger. I do have a 12 receiver with accu-trigger and have replaced it with a Timney but want to build another gun and have a deal on a older savage 12 with out the accu-trigger.

Wanting to replace the trigger with a timney trigger.

Didn't know when they went to the Accu-trigger.

NF1E
05-09-2021, 03:55 PM
My Model 12 FVSS had a SSS trigger and a Choate Varmint stock when bought in the 90s. These were before the accutrigger was born.

KMW1954
05-09-2021, 09:34 PM
Can't speak to the Model 12 but from what I've learn the model 10 was 2003/2004 when it was first used.

Robinhood
05-09-2021, 10:50 PM

Actually the model 12's, depending on the sub/model could possibly had 1 of 3 different triggers. Target, Varmint and Standard.

Some claim that models produced in the 80's did not have a accu-trigger. I do have a 12 receiver with accu-trigger and have replaced it with a Timney but want to build another gun and have a deal on a older savage 12 with out the accu-trigger.

Lucky Dawg

Wanting to replace the trigger with a Timney trigger.

Not a problem. The accutriggers had a different safety than the non accutriggers, a different trigger hanger and obviously the trigger itself machined to accommodate the the safety blade if I remember correctly.

The older triggers used a torsion spring where some of the replacements omited the torsion spring using a coil spring

Somebody already answered this.

Good luck Spudgun....one day I will buy one of your SG's...I have a grandson that is ready!!

Spudgun
05-10-2021, 05:12 PM

Actually the model 12's, depending on the sub/model could possibly had 1 of 3 different triggers. Target, Varmint and Standard.

Lucky Dawg

Wanting to replace the trigger with a Timney trigger.

Not a problem. The accutriggers had a different safety than the non accutriggers, a different trigger hanger and obviously the trigger itself machined to accommodate the the safety blade if I remember correctly.

The older triggers used a torsion spring where some of the replacements omited the torsion spring using a coil spring

Somebody already answered this.

Good luck Spudgun....one day I will buy one of your SG's...I have a grandson that is ready!!

I got lucky on the receiver. It will take a Timney trigger.

Now i just gotta figure out what to build for the 1000 yd range.

Got a 6.5 and 6mm creed, thinking of 6 BR (less recoil on the old shoulder)..

Warning about the SG. Once you start you won't put it down....

Larry

Robinhood
05-10-2021, 06:11 PM
I love the Creeds but many I know swear by the 6.5x47 or the 6-6.5x47. That's if you like to reload.