PDA

View Full Version : Breech bolt for Savage model 25

Randy4s
04-29-2021, 02:00 PM
I copied this off my introduction post:
Hi from the panhandle of Florida. I am trying to help my neighbor to locate a breech bolt that was lost through the mail about 50 years ago. He was in the service and had his brother mail him his Savage model 25 pump .22 rifle. The breech bolt assembly was lost on the way. The post office offered to replace the gun, but it belonged to his dad so he wouldn't give it up. He never could find the part and it sat in the closet all these years. I said I would do an internet search to try and find one. It led me to Jack First and Numrich, but no luck. I am hoping someone here might be able to help. Thanks

Sav22
04-30-2021, 08:17 PM
They must not allow PM's to new members, I prefer to us a PM to keep from getting you some possible competition. There is a complete Breech bolt for a Model 25 on eBay (listed for wrong guns) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/133741151942?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I think it's over priced but some bolts have been bringing high prices recently.

Randy4s
05-02-2021, 06:55 PM
Thanks, I saw it. I thought it was over priced. I tried contacting the seller to see about a reasonable offer. He didn't reply, and I saw someone bought it for his starting bid. Maybe I should have jumped on it. I will keep looking.