PDA

View Full Version : stock for hog hunter .308

Eddy2020
04-18-2021, 04:53 PM
New to Savage world.......Recently purchased a new Hog Hunter .308 11/111 and also purchased aftermarket mags (Snyder mags). Looking to replace the stock and need one that has magazine well in stock for the 10 rounders as I lack the tools and skills to modify a stock. Any suggestions

Papa_D
04-18-2021, 07:40 PM
New to Savage world.......Recently purchased a new Hog Hunter .308 11/111 and also purchased aftermarket mags (Snyder mags). Looking to replace the stock and need one that has magazine well in stock for the 10 rounders as I lack the tools and skills to modify a stock. Any suggestionsThe Oryx Chassis, MDT, Boyd's Gun Stocks, etc.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Robinhood
04-19-2021, 08:23 AM
Snyder mags fit the factory Savage DBM Frame If I remember correctly. Therefore you need a factory savage inlet. Be careful that what you ordered from Snyder will fit what stock you order. Sadly there is no simple plug and play with detachable magazines. Apples to apples and all that stuff.

dsnitker
04-20-2021, 07:52 PM
I'm new here and new to Savage also - I purchased one of the newer hog hunters with the DBM and am interested in converting it to AICS magazines as well. I am ok with the stock, I'd just like to find information on finding working bottom metals. I have a Ruger Bolt Action with AICS magazines but am really digging the form factor on the hog hunter.

Robinhood
04-20-2021, 08:26 PM
dsnitker, No big deal but your posts is "hijacking" this post. Proper protocol is to start your own thread. So once that happens we can have a good conversation on your post about your issue rather than bounce around on this post.

dsnitker
04-20-2021, 08:35 PM
dsnitker, No big deal but your posts is "hijacking" this post. Proper protocol is to start your own thread. So once that happens we can have a good conversation on your post about your issue rather than bounce around on this post.
Apologies - my intention was to reiterate and commiserate with the OP on the difficulty of finding information on the 110 Hog Hunter rather than having my problems addressed. I will start a new thread for my specific question, I just finished up my introduction post. Thanks!

Buster95
05-01-2021, 05:42 PM
Here's mine with a MDT XRS chassis and a MDT 12 round metal mag. My Hog Hunter (.308) is the old model with top safety but they fit on the new ones with bottom safety.

https://i.imgur.com/mk7lvT9.jpg

GaCop
05-02-2021, 06:38 AM
Here's mine with a MDT XRS chassis and a MDT 12 round metal mag. My Hog Hunter (.308) is the old model with top safety but they fit on the new ones with bottom safety.

https://i.imgur.com/mk7lvT9.jpg:thumb::thumb: