PDA

View Full Version : I got a new scope for my 12F today.

Slowpoke Slim
10-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I've had some real issues with my Burris blackdiamond 8-32x, and I'd been looking real hard at the Nightforce's BR's. I tried to order one last week to be told the BR model wasn't offered in the reticle I wanted.

Bummer.

Then today, I was at Bruno's Shooters Supply in N. Phoenix, and there it was, on the shelf! The VERY model scope I wanted, with the reticle in it that they said I couldn't have.

So I bought it.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/slowpokeslim/P1050349.jpg

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/slowpokeslim/P1050348.jpg

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/slowpokeslim/P1050351.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to tell my wife...

:o

I may need a place to sleep for a while.

::)

Digger0040
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice scope , my dad has a nightforce and he loves it. VERY expensive scope....he had the same problem telling my mom he spent $1600.00 on just the scope not counting the rifle.

Rick_W
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Don't tell her - if she asks if that's a new scope, tell her no, I just cleaned it up a bit.

Smokey262
10-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Some things are best left unsaid ;) That's my story and I am sticking to it

Beauty of a scope though....

louthedog
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Do as I do. Tell her it was SOOOO cheap that you coudn't pass it up and that you really don't intend to keep it but really only bought it because you are going to make a TON of money on it when you resell it. She'll be impressed with your financial prowess. IF she ever would ask when you are going to resell it then just tell her that you would be stupid to sell it right now because the value just keeps skyrocketing. She'll agree that you are very smart to wait then. Once again she'll be impressed with you financial prowess. Howzat for a plan? ;D

yorketransport
10-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Do as I do. Tell her it was SOOOO cheap that you coudn't pass it up and that you really don't intend to keep it but really only bought it because you are going to make a TON of money on it when you resell it. She'll be impressed with your financial prowess. IF she ever would ask when you are going to resell it then just tell her that you would be stupid to sell it right now because the value just keeps skyrocketing. She'll agree that you are very smart to wait then. Once again she'll be impressed with you financial prowess. Howzat for a plan? ;D

I've used that trick before! ;D Only I usually follow through with the plan and sell the item, only to decide that I miss it now and buy another one. :-\

jdg
10-07-2009, 05:25 AM
I'm extreamly jealous! Nice rig ;D

Skeet1959
10-09-2009, 01:44 AM
I just tell my wife that everything I buy is $150-ish. So far so good. ;D

Waskawood
10-11-2009, 07:40 AM
I pray that when I die, my wife does not sell all my toys for what I told her that I paid for them!!!

Dennis
10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Do as I do. Tell her it was SOOOO cheap that you coudn't pass it up and that you really don't intend to keep it but really only bought it because you are going to make a TON of money on it

I have used this one many times, in fact just this weekend!!!!! ;D

I pray that when I die, my wife does not sell all my toys for what I told her that I paid for them!!!

I got the kids together and let them know what was in my safe! The good, bad, and ugly, but most of all the NAILDRIVERS! Along with the value's of course