PDA

View Full Version : Model 25 Walking Varminter

DC1986
04-09-2021, 05:27 AM
I recently bought a new Model 25 Walking Varminter in 17 Hornet. It is very accurate but it won’t eject the empty casing. It extracts the casing and then drops it halfway back before the ejector can do it’s job. Savage is supposed to be sending me some parts. Does anyone have any advice on removing the extractor? It’s a plunger type with no detent ball. Thanks.

DC1986
04-10-2021, 10:11 PM
Changed out the extractor, plunger and spring. Still doesn’t hold the case close enough to the bolt face to eject properly. Sending it back Savage Monday morning ��

J.Baker
04-14-2021, 03:04 AM
Unfortunately this seems to be fairly common with the M25 Hornets. If it's not this, it's magazine feeding issues. Know a lot of guys out west love them for hunting coyote, fox & bobcat, but they've had issues since day one and Savage doesn't' seem too concerned about fixing them. Seems they're still living by the corporate philosophy Brian Herrick (former VP of Sales & Marketing) uttered to me 20 years ago: "If people are still buying them why should we bother to fix it?"