PDA

View Full Version : What kind of stock is best for a model 110- and the most accrate

Trophybuckhunter
11-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I have a savage model 110 7mm rem. mag and I want to make it more accurate I need a new stock what is the most accurate-best stock for less than $200.00 ???and what else can I do to to my gun to make it more accurate ??? Thanks for the help 8)

Armed in Utah
11-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Choate Ultimate Varminter..........

You won't want to carry it very far though..........

:D

Trophybuckhunter
11-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi I have a savage model 110 in 7mm rem. mag..I would like to know what I can to do to make my rifle more accurate I need to buy a new stock because my wood stock cracked Tuesday when I was deer hunting I think it cracked because it got wet and the stock warped what kind of stock is is the most accurate and what can I do to make the gun more accurate? ??? thanks 8)

dcloco
11-18-2010, 11:18 PM
There is a couple ways to go.

If yours has the factory plastic stock, you can fix them. Epoxy/Devcon in a U shapped aluminum channel from under the recoil lug all the way to the end of the forend. Bed the action to the stock as you normally would....and start shooting.

Factory wood Savage stock. I actually like them. Some have the pressed on patterns and others have some grain character in the wood as well.

Boyds is having a sale on stocks right now (site sponsor as well). 59 for a new, semi inletted stock is cheap.

After that, you have a choice of a Choate Ultimate Varminter (HEAVY!!), B & C Medalist Tactical (a little heavy), or a couple flavors of factory laminate stocks....one of which has an adjustable cheekpiece built in.

Ranger Jim
11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Less than $200 keeps you away from the tactical stocks which would be more accurate compared to most sport type stocks. Boyd's has some nice Thumbhole stocks that shoot well, aren't too heavy and come in under your budget. You could bed the action into your new stock, that also would make it more accurate. If you have funds to have a gunsmith true your action that would help also. Stocky's carries some good Bell and Carlson stocks in your budget range and some come with a full aluminum bedding block. Changing your barrel to a good quality match type from Pac-Nor, Shilen, Brux, etc... It all costs money so you just need to spend what you have on the services that will give you the most "Bang" for your buck. Good Luck

Ranger Jim
Santa Rosa, Ca

82boy
11-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Please do not double post topics, or topics that are similar.
Thank you

dcloco
11-19-2010, 12:52 AM
I have check a couple of Savage and Stevens actions in the lathe, they have been rather square with the world. Floating bolthead helps quite a bit, so these actions don't need quite the work as other brands.

https://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-LA-Staggered-Feed-Old-Style-Tactical-Stock-by-Choate.html

Captain Finlander
11-19-2010, 12:57 AM
If you shop around you can find a Bell & Carlson Medalist tactical for under $200.00 They pop up on ebay occasionally for $159 or so and if your not afraid of a little work you can get a Richards Microfit in a myriad of styles for will under $200.