PDA

View Full Version : My savage 110 overhaul

Detdave
03-30-2021, 10:01 AM
So. I received my first 110 6.5 creedmoor and I’m basically only using the action. What would opinions of the best drop in trigger all around be? I’m looking for a crisp wall but light squeeze. To me it makes sense to have the least amount of effort to aid in accuracy. Any input? Mines a f serial if that matters.

daved20319
03-30-2021, 10:38 AM
No drop-ins that I know of for Savage, you're going to be swapping out some parts. I put a Rifle Basix SAV-2 in my 12 FV, how's less than a pound grab you for light squeeze? Pretty much zero pre-travel or over-travel, and light enough that I'm actually planning on increasing the pull weight a bit, I'v had a few shot get away from me when I've been away from it for awhile. Later.

Dave

Detdave
03-30-2021, 11:01 AM
No drop-ins that I know of for Savage, you're going to be swapping out some parts. I put a Rifle Basix SAV-2 in my 12 FV, how's less than a pound grab you for light squeeze? Pretty much zero pre-travel or over-travel, and light enough that I'm actually planning on increasing the pull weight a bit, I'v had a few shot get away from me when I've been away from it for awhile. Later.

Dave

thanks for the recommendation. I thought I saw a drop in and assumed it the way to go. When I pulled mine off, I thought a part sailed into the great beyond but looked at diagrams and can’t see anything missing.

Detdave
03-30-2021, 11:29 AM
https://www.gunshack.com/savage-parts/savage-triggers/rifle-basix-sav-2-trigger-new-in-stock

isn’t that what would be considered drop in? Pardon my ignorance LOL.

olddav
03-30-2021, 12:25 PM
It requires assembly and you have set it up. A bit of a pain but worth it. Somebody builds a drop in trigger (sear included) but I can’t remember who it is.

olddav
03-30-2021, 12:27 PM
Here it is
https://www.eabco.net/Savage-Trigger-Systems_c_2753.html

NF1E
03-31-2021, 08:16 AM
Have a Jard top release with safety on the way for a target rifle project. 3 position safety is an additional part necessary if you go with Jard

cchgn
03-31-2021, 10:16 AM
Why not just adjust the stock trigger? They are nice triggers. The new barrel, stock and scope is gonna cost quite a bit, IMO.

hamiltonkiler
03-31-2021, 11:16 AM
Want to send your barrel to poor me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk