PDA

View Full Version : 338 Rlite Precision Issue

D430mes
03-22-2021, 08:59 PM
I have a 338 Elite Precision with 1.25 Vortex precision rings and a Razor Gen II. After zeroing at 100 yards, I only have 13 of the 27.5 Mils of adjustment. Typically with 20 MOA base, zero should be near the bottom of adjustment, not the middle.
Rings are zero cant, confirmed the factory base is the correct 20MOA, scope is known good. I took it off my 6.5 Creedmoor that shot out to 1300 yards. Rifle only has 30 rounds fired.

On another forum, I found someone with same rifle, scope and rings with the same issue. he replaced the barel and gained about 9 mils of elevation.
Just curious whether anyone else has had a similar issue with the 338 Elite barrel?

Thanks, Mark

efm77
03-23-2021, 08:39 AM
How does it shoot? If it's accurate to your liking and you don't want to spend that much for a barrel yet, some rings with offset inserts might be the easier solution. Burris Signature Zee or XTR Signatures would do nicely.

yobuck
03-23-2021, 10:10 AM
I would agree with EFM, if the gun shoots well find a way to add more taper to the scope.
Either by way of the scope rings, or a base with more taper.

mnbogboy2
03-24-2021, 12:17 PM
I would agree with EFM, if the gun shoots well find a way to add more taper to the scope.
Either by way of the scope rings, or a base with more taper.

Barrel curvature and how it is indexed to the curve all come into play bere. Often the stamped recoil lugand flatness issues with it may cause the bore to be not parallel with the line of sight.

yobuck
03-24-2021, 12:44 PM
Barrel curvature and how it is indexed to the curve all come into play bere. Often the stamped recoil lugand flatness issues with it may cause the bore to be not parallel with the line of sight.
Regardless, he will know how much scope adjustment he has left after he zeros his gun.
At that point, there are ways to get more by the way the scope is set up by way of using different rings and base.

D430mes
03-24-2021, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the input. I have ordered a EGW 40 MOA base that will give me roughly 6 more Mils of adjustment. I’m still breaking the barrel in and working on load development but everything looks promising. Both should help velocity and lower my 100 yd zero.
Still don’t think I will have the maximum adjustment but this should get me to a mile with no holdover.
Once I have everything sorted out I can determine next steps.