PDA

View Full Version : New Savage owner in Texas Panhandle

RyuQD
03-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Hello there. New Savage Owner (actually my very first Bolt Gun) in the Texas Panhandle. Hunted a few times as a kid (my family was not big on guns let alone killing things) but getting into it now with my own lease with established deer (White Tails and Mules) and plenty of hog to practice my accuracy and engaging a moving target.

As the distance from my blind to the typical game path is less than 100 meters, i was needing a shorter rifle chambered in a standard round (big fan of 308). After months of research i settled on either a Savage 110 or a Ruger American Predator. Thanks to crazy uncle Joe and my local gun dealer, the Savage Hog Hunter won my purchase. Picked up a Riton X1 4x16 Primal (really surprised by glass clarity) and took it to the neighborhood indoor range and was able to get it as Zeroed as i could at 25 yards. Really impressed at grouping with all 5 final verification rounds going through the same ragged hole (i know, not impressive at 25 but I’m a “combat effective” accuracy kind of guy).

I’m a man that likes to know as much about his equipment so I’ll be lurking around while i learn and customize my new tool.

QD

Phreddie30.06
03-22-2021, 03:47 PM
Welcome from colorful Colorado. I'm sure you will find the info you need, want and desire here in these pages. If not just ask, there are some very knowledgeable people in this group.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

drybean
03-22-2021, 06:24 PM
Welcome aboard

GaCop
03-23-2021, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Balljoint
03-23-2021, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the SAVAGE BROTHERHOOD

geneackley
03-23-2021, 08:52 PM
Hello there. New Savage Owner (actually my very first Bolt Gun) in the Texas Panhandle. Hunted a few times as a kid (my family was not big on guns let alone killing things) but getting into it now with my own lease with established deer (White Tails and Mules) and plenty of hog to practice my accuracy and engaging a moving target.

As the distance from my blind to the typical game path is less than 100 meters, i was needing a shorter rifle chambered in a standard round (big fan of 308). After months of research i settled on either a Savage 110 or a Ruger American Predator. Thanks to crazy uncle Joe and my local gun dealer, the Savage Hog Hunter won my purchase. Picked up a Riton X1 4x16 Primal (really surprised by glass clarity) and took it to the neighborhood indoor range and was able to get it as Zeroed as i could at 25 yards. Really impressed at grouping with all 5 final verification rounds going through the same ragged hole (i know, not impressive at 25 but I’m a “combat effective” accuracy kind of guy).

I’m a man that likes to know as much about his equipment so I’ll be lurking around while i learn and customize my new tool.

QD

Welcome Fellow Texan!!!

ragsflh
03-27-2021, 01:11 AM
welcome