PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the new ARKEN scopes?

Pages : 1 [2]

Robinhood
06-14-2021, 03:07 AM
For the budget conscience shooters wanting a US made scope with US made glass, this is one I have owned several of and can say that you'll not find a better deal when it comes to bang for the buck than with Swift. https://www.opticsplanet.com/swift-8-32x50mm-premier-waterproof-matte-rifle-scope-678m.html

You can buy a better scope, and you can always pay more for a lesser scope. These come with an adjustable objective and I've shot mine out to 1000 yds and it rings the bell as well as my $1000 scopes. Mine is currently sitting on a 6.5 CM that is stupid accurate. What's not to like?!

Clean your inbox so I can reply to your question before you go back home brother.

Dave Hoback
06-15-2021, 04:48 PM
Expensive scopes are quite nice. But it’s been proven time & time again, there are budget optics which have outstanding clarity, tracking and reliability. I can’t justify $2000+++ on a scope because none of my use warrants it. What’s more.. if your rig outfit with a SUB $700 scope, can smack a man size gong at 1000yds, AT WILL, and you switch to $2500 unit....your accuracy is NOT going to magically improve close to 4X! Hell..it won’t improve even a little. Will it be more enjoyable? Maybe...I mean..expensive stuff is fun to play with. But 4X more fun?? Well, I guess that lies with the individual.

Robinhood
06-15-2021, 05:23 PM
The Arken seems to have the precision and reliability down for a price that defies logic. After building big name scopes for the American market China decided to show us what they learned. The big names were very profit oriented for their distributors so everything was compromised.

I don't think you will find An Arken anywhere but on their site or in the classifieds. Recently you could get a Gen 1 Athlon Cronus BTR new from several distributors for less than 1200. It had the 56mm objective where all of the Arkens are 50mm. The fact that Arken cannot keep them on the shelf says that doesn't matter...At that price point. If i found one I would probably try one. There is no doubt you can get your money back.

Me, I am a glass snob. I have gut shot game and missed them with cheap scopes. So I no longer trust them.

EDIT: Read my post below

99 K 30-30
07-01-2021, 07:14 AM
Buy Chinese junk ---- get Chinese junk.

Be American ---- buy American

jkv45
07-01-2021, 08:54 AM
Everything I've seen about them has been positive. The glass looks very good, and they are top-rated in their price category.

For the price, they are overachievers by most accounts.

Check out the videos by Cyclops on YouTube.

Robinhood
07-02-2021, 02:21 PM
Arken has recently developed a reputation for delivering excellent tested specimens to reviewers. The current chit chat is a high number of delivered optics to the regular Joe are garbage and. The only way to fix that is to stop buying their junk until they fix it.

99 K 30-30
07-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Most "reviewers" are on that take getting free products, hunts and who knows what else.

The Chinese are on the way to ruling the world and I chose not to help them.

jkv45
07-02-2021, 04:09 PM
Arken has recently developed a reputation for delivering excellent tested specimens to reviewers. The current chit chat is a high number of delivered optics to the regular Joe are garbage and. The only way to fix that is to stop buying their junk until they fix it.

I've not heard that before.

Very disappointing, if true.

Robinhood
07-03-2021, 07:36 AM
I've not heard that before.

Very disappointing, if true.

It is understandable. The demand became unattainable when keeping up with QC.

Here is 2 years of post on the topic. You can see the quality drop off as it gains production and demand.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/the-arken-optics-thread-merged.6968543/

Txhillbilly
07-03-2021, 07:43 AM
Buy Chinese junk ---- get Chinese junk.

Be American ---- buy American

Sorry, But there hasn't been any scope that is 100% made in America in decades. Leupold's are assembled in the USA, but most of the parts are foreign.
Vortex has one that they say is made in the USA, but I doubt the lenses are.

Your best optics still come from Germany, Austria, and Japan. The worst optics still come from China, Taiwan, and the Philippines, but it all depends on the class of optics the Brand name specs. The Athlon Ares BTR, Midas Tac, and Midas BTR series are made in China, but are very well made, along with prices that are of higher quality optics.

IMO, If the MSRP price of a scope is less than $500, it's not a very good scope. You get what you pay for!

yobuck
07-03-2021, 02:14 PM
Most "reviewers" are on that take getting free products, hunts and who knows what else.

The Chinese are on the way to ruling the world and I chose not to help them.
Well on this we can agree.
No doubt old Jack O/C enjoyed many cocktails around safari campfires that had been paid for by those who didnt sign his regular paycheck.
But i also believe that China knows it wont rule the world with junk hardware.
Fact is they can build pretty good optics, and they can also sometimes be tuned up to be even better.
My first lazer rangefinder was a Swarovski, and it was junk as for performance.
I sent it back to them and they made it to be just a bit better junk.
I think they realized they couldnt compete in that market and stopped making them.
Lets be honest about all this, most of us here on the Savage site maybe arent really able or willing to spend what it takes to buy the best optics.
And thats the real reason why China will probably at some point rule the world.
And if i say anymore im apt to get kicked off the site. lol

RatMag
09-08-2021, 05:24 PM
I have owned several of their scopes, and they are impressive. They make it hard to justify spending 1000’s on other scopes.

DK