PDA

View Full Version : Savage aics dbm?

CAPT BEACH
03-14-2021, 04:29 PM
I see what appears to be AICS Pattern DBM Bottom Metal on several new offerings on Accufit Stocks...how would one go about getting a set of these to go with an Accufit stock bought on the aftermarket (ebay)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-un5q25Sh1YYzQgc35AYKAnY9oazfb_uezg&usqp=CAU

jpdown
03-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Call Savage Arms parts or purchase from Accurate-mag.com

JeepsAndGuns
03-15-2021, 12:43 PM
https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom-metals/savage-short-action-bottom-metal-kit/

I think this might work.

I wanted the accu stock and dbm setup but prices on the two were very expensive when I could find them. I ended up buying a complete brand new rifle just to get the stock and dbm setup.

CAPT BEACH
03-15-2021, 12:52 PM
https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom-metals/savage-short-action-bottom-metal-kit/

I think this might work.

I wanted the accu stock and dbm setup but prices on the two were very expensive when I could find them. I ended up buying a complete brand new rifle just to get the stock and dbm setup.

I know I bought your barrel...LOL...

Looks like I might do the same...but I want the LA stock and DBM for 30-06 mags so I can run SA cartridges like the 6.5CM, .243 (AI) and others that share the .473" case head diameter that will fit into the 30-06 mag although with some room in the mag.

JeepsAndGuns
03-16-2021, 12:34 PM
I actually like both my accu stock rifles. I have grown more towards traditional styled stocks and moved away from the pistol grip style stocks.

I have a long action rifle that currently lives in a choate ultimate varmint stock that has been inletted for aics mags. It is in 6.5x55 and I use the magpul 30-06 mags and it seems to feed fine.
I want to swap for a more normal style stock. I though about buying another rifle to get another accu stock, but it appears they do not make a long action accu stock in left hand. They make a 110 tactical in 300 win, but right hand only.
I looked through their website and did not see any left hand long action accu stocks (like the 110 tactical uses).

So you might be able to buy a 110 tactical in 300 win (part number 57489), then you will have the long action stock and aics mags. Then just swap out the 300 win magazine for a 30-06 magazine.

CAPT BEACH
03-16-2021, 12:49 PM
Jeeps,

Last time I checked they would not sell them UNLESS you gave them the serial number to the rifle they were going on...Like I broke my stock and I need a new one. Tried going that route a few years back and they shot me down. Ended up going with a Numrich Laminate stock and had Jeff at CDI inlet and install one of his bottom metals. I too want a lighter traditional stock but with the flexibility of running a 10 round mag when I want to or a 5 to be hunting legal and Magpul isn't making the Hunter for LA Savage YET...

I guess someone could let me borrow their serial number ;-) and get one that way or I could buy one of the 110 LRP in a .473 Bolt head LA platform and then sell the action but that seems Ludacris.

J.Baker
03-16-2021, 04:16 PM
The problem with the factory AICS DBM is that it can only be used with AccuStocks that utilize the shorter AccuStock style recoil lug. If you try to inlet a stock for that bottom metal and a full size recoil lug the two pockets will intersect and you will have a hole connecting them in the stock. This results in a very weakened stock that's more susceptible to breaking at that point.

If memory serves me correctly, the PT&G and Accurate-Mag AICS bottom metals were designed to be a direct replacement for the standard Savage bottom metal for the 3-4 round mags. Haven't used either myself so can't say with absolute certainty - just going off what I've seen others post here.

JeepsAndGuns
03-17-2021, 12:38 PM
The problem with the factory AICS DBM is that it can only be used with AccuStocks that utilize the shorter AccuStock style recoil lug. If you try to inlet a stock for that bottom metal and a full size recoil lug the two pockets will intersect and you will have a hole connecting them in the stock. This results in a very weakened stock that's more susceptible to breaking at that point.

If memory serves me correctly, the PT&G and Accurate-Mag AICS bottom metals were designed to be a direct replacement for the standard Savage bottom metal for the 3-4 round mags. Haven't used either myself so can't say with absolute certainty - just going off what I've seen others post here.

Interesting, I did not know that about the factory aics dbm and the recoil lug. Good to know!
I may have to look into the PT&G and accurate mag dbm's, assuming I can find a stock I like.