PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Recomendations?

geneackley
03-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Hello everybody!!!

I hear great things about the TRIGGERTECH TRIGGERS, but I know there are several models to choose from...

It will be going onto a Remington 700 footprint action, the Nucleus Gen 2 from American Rifle Company!

But if you know of some other decent Rem 700 compatible triggers that you might really like, I would love to hear about them as well. I am open to just about anything of quality,

I am not too concerned about the price (within reason), I just want a good, solid, reliable and finely adjustable trigger.

I am building the "last great rifle of my life" because since I just retired, from here on out I will have to watch my pennies!!!! ;);)

Single or double stage is fine. I think I prefer double... I like it adjustable and around 2 lbs... Curved, Right handed, safety on top/right is perfect... And if it can take some "abuse" in the field for days (like a mil spec trigger), even better.

Thanks.

Gene

Ted_Feasel
03-09-2021, 07:27 PM
Hello everybody!!!

I hear great things about the TRIGGERTECH TRIGGERS, but I know there are several models to choose from...

It will be going onto a Remington 700 footprint action, the Nucleus Gen 2 from American Rifle Company!

But if you know of some other decent Rem 700 compatible triggers that you might really like, I would love to hear about them as well. I am open to just about anything of quality,

I am not too concerned about the price (within reason), I just want a good, solid, reliable and finely adjustable trigger.

I am building the "last great rifle of my life" because since I just retired, from here on out I will have to watch my pennies!!!! ;);)

Single or double stage is fine. I think I prefer double... I like it adjustable and around 2 lbs... Curved, Right handed, safety on top/right is perfect... And if it can take some "abuse" in the field for days( like a mil spec trigger), even better.

Thanks.

Gene
,Timney 510, timney Calvin elite (its 2 stage) and TriggerTech all are excellent triggers.. there are many others worth mentioning like Jewel, RifleBasics, I have personally installed and used timney Calvin elite and triggertech and both were amazingly consistent, clean glass like breaks, the timney I used was a 1.5 lb and it was sweet

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

geneackley
03-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Timney 510, timney Calvin elite (its 2 stage) and TriggerTech all are excellent triggers.. there are many others worth mentioning like Jewel, RifleBasics, I have personally installed and used timney Calvin elite and triggertech and both were amazingly consistent, clean glass like breaks, the timney I used was a 1.5 lb and it was sweet

I will look those up Ted. Thanks

geneackley
03-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Also, what is the consensus on HUBER TRIGGERS? Thanks. I want to look at everything...

Nevermind; Way too expensive and not adjustable by the end user....

Ted_Feasel
03-09-2021, 09:00 PM
I will look those up Ted. ThanksNo problem.. the good thing is there are no shortage of model 700 triggers.. if they are in stock.. ive also cleaned some stock triggers up, polished etc and have had customers that were very happy so you may for the heck of it look at just improving the stock ones.. if you can find a LE, it has been factory enhanced and may suit your needs. I admit my knowledge of 700 is limited but I have done enough to know the difference in some of the Gucci brands

Txhillbilly
03-10-2021, 04:02 AM
Trigger Tech
Bix n Andy
Jewell
Timney Calvin Elite
Rifle Basix
Huber Concepts

Robinhood
03-10-2021, 09:52 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1461/6714/products/R70-SBS-13-TBC_1_grande.jpg?v=1526393831

GrenGuy
03-22-2021, 08:05 AM
What Ted said. He nailed it. In My humble opinion, a quality 2 pounds is not even a challenge, even for Savages. Given the OP’s desires, I agree with Robin on the Triggertech.

celltech
03-22-2021, 08:49 AM
I have 2 Nukes and both wear TT Primary triggers. With the 16lb firing pin spring they will go down to ~16 oz. With the 25lb they break at the 1.5 lb listed in their specs. They work and feel amazing...

geneackley
03-23-2021, 09:10 PM
In the end I went with the TriggerTech Special offered on the American Rifle Company website along their Nucleus action. I figured I couldn't go wrong running with what the creators of my action endorsed. BUT its no big deal to pull two pins and swap a trigger anytime in the future if I need to... but somehow I doubt I will have to.

By the way, the Nukes now come from the factory with 25 lbs springs. I plan to switch mine out to the 16 pounder, so surely that will make for an even greater trigger.

Thanks for your help!!!!

geneackley
03-23-2021, 09:11 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1461/6714/products/R70-SBS-13-TBC_1_grande.jpg?v=1526393831

This is the one I bought!!!!

243LPR
05-31-2021, 07:25 PM
Jewel,but too late!

yobuck
06-01-2021, 08:45 AM
If you get a Jewel especially on a gun used under field conditions for hunting, be ready for some issues and carry lighter fluid with you.
They are extremely fussy about being clean, including oil when it turns cold.
Id sooner have a standard Remington tuned up by somebody like Neil Jones.
Great trigger, but not worth it imop.

J.Baker
06-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Been really happy with the TriggerTech Special I put on my ARC Nucleus.