PDA

View Full Version : Savage M-11 Lady Hunter scope base

Skydiver386
03-05-2021, 06:27 PM
I just bought a new M-11 Lady Hunter in .257 Roberts for a lady friend of mine and I need to know what scope mounts/bases will fit this model. Is it considered a flat or round top? Will standard M-110 bases fit?

And yes, it was a factory special order that took a little bit of doing. ;-)

airb080
03-05-2021, 09:26 PM
I just bought a new M-11 Lady Hunter in .257 Roberts for a lady friend of mine and I need to know what scope mounts/bases will fit this model. Is it considered a flat or round top? Will standard M-110 bases fit?

And yes, it was a factory special order that took a little bit of doing. ;-)If the back of the receiver is flat, it is a flat back, if not, well it's round. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just pointing you in the right direction. You should look at EGW mounts.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Skydiver386
03-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Yep, might sound like a silly question, but most all of the Savage rifles I have are rounded at the front, but slightly flat at the back. I have some like my Tikka that are TOTALLY flat all the way across the top of the receiver. My M-12 F/TR is totally round from front to back. Being trained as an engineer, I probably overthink things. :crazy: She likes the looks of the Leupold Back Country one piece ring and base, but of course they only list the model 10/110, so hopefully it will fit. https://www.leupold.com/backcountry-savage-10-110-rnd-rcvr-2-pc-30mm-med-matte

J.Baker
03-06-2021, 08:33 AM
It's a round top (everything made since the AccuTrigger came out in 2002 has been a round top). All of the various models (10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 110, 111, etc) are "110's." Just need to know if it's round or flat top and whether it's a long or short action when ordering a base. If she prefers the looks of a one piece base/rings setup, check out DNZ Products. Their Game Reaper is an excellent 1-pc setup and very lightweight.

Skydiver386
03-06-2021, 08:46 AM
It's a round top (everything made since the AccuTrigger came out in 2002 has been a round top). All of the various models (10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 110, 111, etc) are "110's." Just need to know if it's round or flat top and whether it's a long or short action when ordering a base. If she prefers the looks of a one piece base/rings setup, check out DNZ Products. Their Game Reaper is an excellent 1-pc setup and very lightweight.

THIS is what I was looking for when I joined. :cool: I'm not the only one slightly confused by Savages numbering system, etc.