PDA

View Full Version : Hello from north Texas (west of DFW area)!

geneackley
03-04-2021, 12:31 AM
Hello to everyone!

I have recently become very interested in bolt guns and have concluded that Savages are probably the most easily customizable bolt rifles out there! I like that.

Unfortunately, I dont know much about them yet... So I hope to remedy that here with your help.

I am interested in building a Savage 110 long action in 280 Ackley Improved... but I want it in a totally adjustable tactical stock with a pistol grip (Mc Millan style) and with detachable bottom AICS magazine capability!!!

Unfortunately, I dont see much in the way of cheap aftermarket tactical LONG ACTION stocks for the Savage out there... I hope you can show me where some might be...

I would hate to spend 1000 bucks on an ugly chasis....

Anyway, nice to meet you all! I have many questions... some of them dumb (I am sure). But I hope you will bear with me till I get up to speed.

Again, Thanks.

Gene

Phreddie30.06
03-04-2021, 01:07 AM
Welcome from colorful Colorado, I'm sure some one with the knowledge you seek will be around shortly.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly
03-04-2021, 01:16 AM
Welcome Gene, I'm about 20 miles south of Ft.Worth in Johnson county.

The 280 AI is a fantastic cartridge. As far as stocks go, you have McMillan, Manners, Woox, Stockade, H-S Precision, Choate, and a few other's.
Some stocks can only be had with the factory Savage DBM inlet, but you can buy 10rd magazines from Darkeagle Custom. They are expensive, but worth every penny. I have several of his Short action magazines.

https://darkeaglecustom.com/magazines/

Phreddie30.06
03-04-2021, 01:22 AM
Welcome Gene, I'm about 20 miles south of Ft.Worth in Johnson county.

The 280 AI is a fantastic cartridge. As far as stocks go, you have McMillan, Manners, Woox, Stockade, H-S Precision, Choate, and a few other's.
Some stocks can only be had with the factory Savage DBM inlet, but you can buy 10rd magazines from Darkeagle Custom. They are expensive, but worth every penny. I have several of his Short action magazines.

https://darkeaglecustom.com/magazines/Told you![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

geneackley
03-04-2021, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome fellas!!!

Texhillbilly, I used to live in Joshua. Now I live in Erath County just north of Stephenville. I just retired on Jan 1st and have plenty of time to play on my shooting range out here on the farm. Hope to talk to you again soon.

Again thanks!

GaCop
03-04-2021, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the group.

lonestardiver
03-04-2021, 09:07 AM
Welcome from just NW of Fort Worth!

geneackley
03-04-2021, 10:52 AM
Thank you for the welcome GACOP! I see you are a Vet! Thank you for your service sir!!!

Thank you too Lonestardiver!!! Another Texas neighbor!!!! wow!!! We may have to all get together one day and do some shooting... I live on some land near Stephenville. Id love to see and try your Savages. I am an AR guy and have been building AR 10s and 15s for decades, but I finally built a Tikka a couple of years ago in 6.5 CM and love it. But I want a Savage now so I can easily swap barrels when I shoot them out. I also reload.

Again thank you all for the welcome.

Balljoint
03-04-2021, 11:08 AM
Welcome

drybean
03-04-2021, 11:35 AM
Welcome aboard

geneackley
03-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Thanks fellas!!!

celltech
03-04-2021, 01:58 PM
Oryx chassis is cheap, adjustable, AICS, pistol grip, and available in a long action. It's too bad they just closed Triple C range in Cresson, would have been a great place for you to go shoot.

ragsflh
03-07-2021, 08:43 AM
welcome.280 ai great round