PDA

View Full Version : opinion on this scope

ice tea
03-03-2021, 12:01 AM
Hi, I'm hoping to get some opinions of this scope in the link ( Vortex DBK-10026 Diamondback Tactical 4-16 44 EBR-2C MOA Reticle). Also, any comparisons of it (pos or neg) to the $300 SWFA fixed power scopes, which I'm somewhat familiar with. Also any problems or inconsistancies etc. The reticle looks appealing, and the price seems about right. Considering it for a 12FV, or a 3 gun comp AR. thanks

https://www.sportoptics.com/vortex-diamondback-tactical-4-16x44-dbk-10026.html

Robinhood
03-03-2021, 12:04 AM
Vortex has lost its luster. Too many people returning their scopes for repair. Consider something else.

https://arkenopticsusa.com/

GaCop
03-03-2021, 08:57 AM
Looking at their web site, prices look good but the chances of obtaining one now is no Bueno.

charlie b
03-03-2021, 09:43 AM
I got a Diamondback on sale a couple years ago for my .223 Axis. The 16x version. Works well and reticle movement is fairly repeatable. Clear optics. But, that rifle is not a test of recoil resistance.

The only downside is the reticle thickness is almost 0.5MOA at max power (it is not the tactical reticle shown in the link). Probably not an issue for 3-gun.

But, I'd tend toward a SWFA if paying full price.

Orezona
03-03-2021, 09:50 AM
As said above, reticle thickness is an issue in my opinion.

Stumpkiller
03-03-2021, 11:40 AM
They have a great warranty policy. But from what I see Many owners get to experience it.

They are very sensitive to ring over-tightness and have a lower torque recommendation than most scopes. If you do get one be sure to also have an inch-lb torque wrench that goes down to 18.

Whynot
03-03-2021, 03:32 PM
I don't think the reticle thickness is a real problem.... almost .5moa isn't anything to worry about. But I would not highly recommend the scope (I have one that is just sitting in its box). Other than the fact that it is made in China- my biggest issue is with not having a zero stop. Scopes either need to have a zero stop of have capped turrets....

But I also didn't like the SWFA fixed scopes. If I needed another scope right now I would go to Midway and buy the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMRii 3.5-21x50 for $800. I know that's alot more than what you were looking at-- but that is a crazy good deal. And the quality is so much higher that you can't even compare the others to it.

SageRat Shooter
03-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Just my two cents... If I was looking for a lower end scope that is going to perform pretty well for the money, I'd look at the following options:

1) Sightron S-TAC
2) Element Optics line ($400-$1500)
3) Athlon Optics line (Same ballpark as Element)
4) Arken Optics (As Robinhood said)
Those are in no particular order, just the ones I've considered in the last year.

ice tea
03-03-2021, 06:42 PM
well, thank you all for your replies. I think thats enough to rule that scope out. I will, be looking at the scopes you guys listed over the next few nights