PDA

View Full Version : Is there a comprehensive list of pre-fit barrel makers?

AbitNutz
02-27-2021, 01:31 PM
I'm looking for a recent comprehensive list of Savage pre-fit barrel makers. I see that a bunch of new folks have begun making carbon fiber wrapped pre-fit barrels. These manufactures seem to be new to the game and are not the traditional barrel makers we all know and love.

If there isn't such a list, maybe we should all start spewing out names and make one? Just a thought.

jeffreybehr
02-27-2021, 08:08 PM
Northland Shooters Supply...
https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?68651-Is-there-a-comprehensive-list-of-pre-fit-barrel-makers
...sells Criterion and Shilen prefit barrels and accessories; actually, everything one needs to do the job.. I've used them several times and I recommend them.

Orezona
03-01-2021, 12:38 AM
And a Sponsor of this site.

J.Baker
03-03-2021, 04:10 PM
There used to be one floating around on here somewhere, but it got a little bloated as the person who started it tried to include all types of barrels and barrel makers (manufacturers, gunsmiths, resellers of both blanks and prefits, etc.). Got to the point it was more confusing than helpful, then the person keeping it up stopped updating it and a lot of the info became outdated.